Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Destro3000 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Trouble sleeping/anxiety?
    Hey guys.

I'll spare the details because they are littered around on this site anyway. But, even though it's been a few months since me and my girlfriend have broken up, and she has apparently moved on with someone else, I still find myself getting anxiety attacks and not able to sleep over that fact... over what she's doing and the fact that she doesn't want me anymore.

Im just wondering if any of you have found that problem, and if so, how did you get through it (i.e. how to get to sleep, wind down, relax, etc... ) this is becoming a problem as I only have had 2 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours and I have law school exams coming up in a few weeks.

Im already seeing a therapist for my problems with this breakup (it turned ugly real quick) and am trying to stay away from medication, as I have a VERY addictive personnality.

COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Apr 1, 2008, 12:51 PM
    I'm taking anatual calmer their called kalms they work,they don't cost much from the chemist,I take 2, 3 times aday and they are good they stop periods of worry,irritability,stresses and strains you can also get kalms that help you relax enough to get to sleep

But its up to you,they are a natural plant remedy I no you want to stay away from med's that's also why I got them because I don't really want to be on anti depressants I've got 2kids and trying to find an anti depressant that suits you is hard but I found kalms helped me afew years ago so I got sum on Friday and I have been a lot calmer and less stressed
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 1, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Exercise, during the early evening and a hot bath (no shower, a bath ), two aspirin, and a good book. Nitey night.
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Apr 1, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Try to not think about her,try to focus on your study or other things which could make you happy!if you can keep happy and peaceful,you can sleep well!actually others can't help you,it's up to you,want to be upset or happy!I like to be a happy person and like to have a happy life,so when the same story happened to me,I try every way to make me happy!
    Destro3000 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 06:59 PM
    All fine ideas

Although Jasmine, trust me, I've been trying not to think about her... it kind of happens on its own... everything I do has a link to her somehow..

Doesn't help that I'm not naturally a beacon of happyness... lol
    nickshehe Posts: 254, Reputation: 47

Apr 1, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Go to the gym and work a sweat.. It's the best medicine there is. You vent all that frustration you have and you'll start to feel healthier and you'll start looking better..
    Gym - shower - sleep. Good stuff :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Anxiety [ 6 Answers ]

I'm male, 59 years old, exercise every other day for one hour on an elliptical trainer. I have an incredibly low resting pulse rate of only 45, and a resting BP of only 110/60. With numbers like these, you wouldn't think that I suffer from anxiety, but I do. I've tried listening to various CD...

Anxiety attacks? [ 12 Answers ]

(Before this happened I took happened and had my first soft drink in a long time, one doctor said it might have been the caffeine)I was lying in bed, trying to go to sleep, when I felt like my heart was going to stop(think because of the happened it made me a little delusional because my heart beat...

Restless sleeping/breaking the habit of sleeping on the bed [ 2 Answers ]

Our little shih tzu (8 months old) started well, but more recently has taken to sleeping under or on our bed. We took the path of least resistance and let him get away with it, but his constant licking, nibbling, flicking his ears around and general sleep noise is driving us nuts. Any tips for...

Which anxiety meds to use [ 1 Answers ]

I'm been having anxiety attacks especially while driving. I've been trying deal with my anxiety without medication, but the fight is getting harder. When I deal one symptom another one arises. So lately I've been taking xanax right before I due to drive home. Speaking with my doctor, she...

Anxiety [ 2 Answers ]

Here I am at home again. I was invited to visit with a co-worker this weekend. I really want to go. I enjoy her company and we get along well at work. I didn't call. This happens all the time with me. There are so many things that I enjoy, people, church, friends, family, picnics, etc. At work, I...

View more questions Search