Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blacksinz Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Can a windows xp virus effect windows vista?
    Hi. My pendrive was infected by a virus called "jambanmu" which is either a malaysian or Indonesian virus. If I put my pendrive into a windows xp computer the virus will stop the computer from using few stuff. As for my pendrive the virus doesn't allow me to reformat it. If I use a windows vista computer will the virus effect it too? But I'm guessing it will since some of the systems are the same. Anyway can give me advice on how to remove the virus from my pendrive?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Yes the virus on the USB drive can affect a computer it is plugged into. The best method to remove that virus is to disable Autorun/Autoplay on the computer which requires modifying the Registry. Once that is done you can insert the USB and Format it.
    blacksinz Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 10:31 PM
    Oh but there is one problem the virus doesn't allow me to reformat the pendrive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email sending prob. In windows vista using windows mail [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problem in sending emails in windows mail in vista. Up to yesterday, it was working fine. I have deleted and created the account again. Email address,pwd, pop n smtp etc everything is correct but email are not going. There is genuine windows vista with Mecafee. No problem with incoming...

Windows Vista [ 7 Answers ]

.: VISTA SUCKS

Windows Vista or Windows Xp? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I'm just considering whether to upgrade to windows vista. However I have heard a lot of bad things about this new operating system. I would just like to ask if anyone thinks I should upgrade and if so how do I know whether my computer is good enough for it? Thanks.

Windows vista [ 1 Answers ]

I Recently Bought A Compaq Laptop From Pc World.it Has Windows Xp. I Contacted The Techguys.co.uk As Instructed To Get My Vista Free Upgrade,to No Avail.can Someone Point Me In The Right Direction On What To Do Next,how Do I Get This Free Upgrade To Vista??

View more questions Search