Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shadow5577 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 09:27 AM
    Zone valves
    Looking for a wiring diagram for a new dunkirk boiler . Just the diagram for the 3 zone valves. Company says that the boiler transformer is enough to run three zones ( 24v) . Or do I need to add transformer. Just can't figure out the wiring from one zone valve to another. Contacts on each zone are th/tr - th - tr - and two end switch terminals. Any help out there sure would be appreciated. Thanks
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2006, 10:54 AM
    My only zone valve experience is with White Rogers that have 6 wires. If I hadn't found some info on their website, I may never have figured it out. Likely you will info from Dunkirk, dealer, tech service, or website.

When a zone thermostat calls for heat, it must perform 2 functions, open the valve, and fire the boiler. Then it must close the valve and shut off the boiler. The zone valves are independent of each other. It is possible the same white wire could run from valve to valve and then back to the boiler. The zone valves may need both hot and common from the transformer, again running from valve to vale, or directly to each one. You must find out just how all this done from Dunkirk or the maker of the zone valves. If they say the boiler transformer will handle 3 valves, likely it will. Much easier to work with one transformer than to match phases from 2.
    Shadow5577 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 12:25 PM
    Thanks for the reply Labman. I am in the process of searching from the supplier as we speak.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Hose Valves [ 10 Answers ]

There are two 20 year old hose valves outside the house. Both leak, and one even has a busted handle that requires a vise grip every time we want to open and close the water flow. I would like to replace both without the expense of hiring a plumber. I think this is a job that even I can do.. ....

Plumbing Valves? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm in the process of building a home and the builder ask me to pick out showerheads and faucets. I started to see that the showerheads says Transfer valve and/or thermostatic valve and/or volume valve was used. I'm not sure what these are and if I need them or not. Can someone please explain?...

Wiring a 2nd zone [ 1 Answers ]

Central a/c is all set up on my finished basement as a 2nd zone. In the upstairs hall closet, I can see a large round pipe running down from the attic to the basement. Ceiling ductwork and vents in the basement are all connected to it. There is a programmable thermostat in the basement as well. The...

Access to shut off valves [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there is a code in sarasota fl that says you must have access to shut off valves in your tubs and if so what is that code and where can I get a copy. Thank you[ Manny

Leaky Shut off valves [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I live in the Northeast and for the first time this past winter, I actually used the shutoff valves that lead to my outside water spigots. Now that I've turned them back on, they are leaking whenever the water line is open. I noticed they have nuts on the front... was I supposed to...

View more questions Search