Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gemz084 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 06:30 AM
    Hair colouring.
    Hello, My hair is naturally dark brown but i have been dying it black for about a year now but i have decided i want to dye it bright red.....I havent really got the money at the moment to get it done professionaly so i was wondering if anybody had any tips or ideas......like will i need to bleach my hair first etc etc or let the dyed black in my hair wash out!!! Help...lol...Thanks.....:) :)
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 1, 2008, 12:36 PM
    If the black dye is permanent, it won't just "wash out". You will most likely need to strip it and maybe even follow that up by bleaching to get it to the lightness that is needed for the bright red to shine through.

Anyone here will recommend going to a professional.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 3, 2008, 11:58 PM
    If you want to go from brown to bright red hair, you will need to pre-lighten your hair with bleach to a red-orange stage then apply the desired color. Hair bleaching is a very tricky process and should be done by a trained hair stylist or colorist. If you can't afford to go to a salon, try going to a beauty school in your area. Keep in mind that red tends to fade faster than any other color, therefore, you will have to use shampoos and conditioners that are designed for red hair to prevent the color from fading too fast.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Colouring [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, my natural hair colour is a darkish brown, and I've died it a couple of times a really really dark brown but not black. I have really thin hair and it falls out quite a lot and I was wondering if there is anything I can use to completely take out my permanent hair colour leaving my natural...

Hair colouring [ 2 Answers ]

What is the service all about??

Hair colouring [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently died my hair brown I would say it was a redish brown, I was natrualy blonde before and would like to go back to blonde. I just wanted to know how to go back to blonde from brown with out it turning out a nasty colour Thank you :)

Hair colouring [ 2 Answers ]

Hey recently I dyed my hair dark brown I am extremyl unhappy with my hair colour at the moment and want to take it back to its original hair colour as soon as possible! I don't want to damage it all that much but I do really want my natural hair clolur back(medium brown/light brown) I thought...

Hair colouring [ 3 Answers ]

Hiya I have dyed my hair loads over the last few years. Now it's a dark brown (prev black-faded out a bit) wit blondish flashes. I want to go blonde, but I don't want to bleach it straight off or dye it because everyone I know who have done it have gone a gingery yellowy orange. I really don't want...

View more questions Search