Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    From SA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 05:57 AM
    From South Africa Hubby to be German
    Hi there,

My hubby to be is on a German passport. I am a south African living in the UK on a 2year work/travel visa. My partner is working in Afghanistan on a 3 year contract and is out of the country (uk) allot. He works 3 months on and is home for 4 Weeks. Him and I want to get married and he wants me to stay in the UK while he is in Afghan. The only problem I am having is finding out how to go about getting married and being able to stay in the UK while he is in Afghan. Is this a possibility? I have contacted a visa company but as far as I understand it because he is out of the country allot and doesn't work for a British company I can't apply for a EEA family permit. Is it possible to get married and apply for a German passport and remain in the UK.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 1, 2008, 06:11 AM
    Hello there! Why don't you start with the department that is for you important in these matters?
    If you want to stay in UK, you have to ask Home Affairs what is possible and what is required.
    To marry you have to contact both the SA, the Afghan, the German embassies (German because he uses a German passport), and Home Affairs, and ask them what is required by them. Visa companies do not do anything else, only cost more.
    Success!

:)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 1, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Add-on :

If hubby becomes German citizen, he is free to stay in the UK, as in all EU states.
    As for you : there are special rules for South Africans in the UK. Again --> Home Affairs!

Success

;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get usa visitors visa from south africa [ 2 Answers ]

I have a girlfriend I met on the internet from johannesburg, south africa... What is involved in her getting a visitor"s visa to come visit me in the USA for two weeks? How long does it take? What is involved in her getting a visa to come over to usa to live if this relationship got very...

Need Investors For Restaurant in South Africa. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. A friend contacted me today and asked me if I can't maybe help him find a investor or investors for the restaurant that his opening. He had investors lined up but because one of there factories burned down they are unable to follow through with the investment. I have never done something...

Can we go to jail for bad payments in South Africa? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone can help me. My husband and I are in MAJOR debt and way behind on our credit card payments etc. The only thing we managing to cover every month is our house and car. Can we be jailed for bad debt?

View more questions Search