Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leighantiques7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Landlord/Tenant Situation w/Human waste
    I rent without a lease and am current on my rent & utilities. My landlord cut off power today after I complained numerous times over the past 3 months about her son who lives in a trailer next to me and empties his 30 gallon holding tank of human waste outside my bedroom window. The power was in her name and she is trying to force me out which I explained to her on 3/29 that I would be leaving in 30 days as I cannot take the habitat that I am living in. Now I am w/o electric. I cannot afford to move until the end of the month. Is there any thing I can do about being forced out just because I asked her to clean up a health hazzard. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely Tony Garland
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2008, 05:14 PM
    If you pay her the electric and are current then she really has no right to shut off the electric except for the fact it is in her name. So you can try getting it turned on in your name or live there without electric for the next few weeks until you move out.
    I don't think it is worth taking her to court over but if she turns the water off that most likely is illegal. I know it is illegal in my county.
    You might try calling the board of health and the towns zoning inspector. They might do something about her son.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 31, 2008, 05:30 PM
    The second time he did this after you spoke to the landlors you should have called the health department. Improper disposal of waste is illegal in almost every jurisdiction.

So is shutting off the electricity to an occupied dwelling. I would report it to the local authorities and sue her butt off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord/Roommate situation [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and I own a condo. I took in a roommate since April 2007 to help with my expenses. She signed a l12-month lease. There has been some tension these past few months. She has access to everything except my bedroom and my bathroom; she has her own bedroom and...

Landlord and tenant [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my husband and 2 yr old son have been living in our apartment sense June of this year... and the first thing I wanted to ask was... how long should it take a landlord to fix a door to our apartment? Because they also own the store downstairs and well they haven't fixed it in 6 months. Also...

Sublease tenant situation [ 4 Answers ]

A subleaser leased a room (and other space) in an apartment that was being renovated to me, but it was not completely finished until 2 months after the said move in date. During the delays he said we didn't have to sign a new lease. I checked the lease and there isn't any part about construction...

Tenant vs. Landlord, VA [ 4 Answers ]

This one is a bit complicated... any help would be greatly appreciated... I was told by a woman I was working with that she had a house I could move in to and pay her "whatever" for the moment because she was paying the mortgage and it was empty. Something is better than nothing. I moved in...

View more questions Search