Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    overweightchick Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 04:30 PM
    I want to lose weight
    :mad: I really want to lose weight and I excise EVERYDAY so my mAin problem is that I CAN'T lay off the sugar and I need HELP
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Eat more protein. The more healthy foods you eat the less you crave the sugar.

Explaining food cravings

Insulin resistance syndrome in women

Metabolic Syndrome and Insulin Resistance

Understanding Sugar Cravings and how to reduce them.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Well, to be honest with you, I can't really offer you much help if you're not willing to change your diet.

Instead of trying to go from burgers to salad... try to make small changes. One week, try to give up chocolate + sodas... then instead of giving up chips entirely... buy baked chips or low fat chips.

If you live on your own, try to make smart decisions when shopping for groceries... if you live with your family, then ask them for help.

Continue eating small meals (nuts, veggies, fruits, yogurt, etc) throughout the day so you stay satisfied and aren't scrounging for a giant meal.

Wish you the best.
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Mar 31, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Hun losing weight is like stopping drugs it takes will power and a lot of it,I had my second child 5months ago and with my first I put on 5 stone with him,I lost 2 but couldn't shift the rest because I couldn't stay away from the suger,when I was last weighed at the hospital id put on 3 stone with my second so after baby was born I was BIG,what helped me is every time I picked something sweet up [im not serposed to eat sugery things anyway I get headaches] id tell myself '''HAY its fattening and I shouldn't be eating it if I want to get to mygoal weight'' I set agoal weight that was easy astone lower but I've lost about 3stone now in 5months and baby fat is harder to get rid of tell yourself you can doit

Mygrandma has been over weight ever since I can remember and I don't mean abit overweight I mean a lot.im 24 mygrandmas in early 70's,mymum has told me she has been over weight the last 30 or 40 years and in the last year she's lost about 10 stone [shes running round after her great grand child now she couldn't play with me when I was little because of her weight] she looks great so if mygrandma can do it at her age so can I and so can you

You can do ANYTHING that you put your mind to you just have to stick to it tell yourself NO when you pick something up that you no won't help you get to your goal weight

1\ set agoal weight that's not impossible [start with apound or astone]
    2\ tell yourself you can do it
    3\ go for awalk after you have eaten [take the dog with you]
    4\ instead of crisp get an apple or a [REAL] milk shake [ive been making strawberry\banana milkshakes at home and they are filling]
    5\ have afriend help you tell her to keep an eye on you to make sure you don't pick up the chocolate,crisp etc
    6\ cut your fatty food portions down and eat more greens,fish,salad etc
    7\ try the gym if not try sit ups at home [try an inflatable abs toner I've got 1 their good]

I hoped this helped
    I try and keep to it I cheat sometimes but not often
    depressedhelp Posts: 91, Reputation: 3

Mar 31, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Ok. I Had The Same Problem.
    Same Problem.
    I Still Have It But I'm Working On It
    With Less Struggle Now.
    Ok--
    I Did These Steps.

1. Eat More Fruit. [[Like A Natural.HEALTHY. Sugar.]
    2. Excersize. 3-5 times A Wk For At Least 30 Min. On A TREADMILL
    3. Walk Outside Once In A While. It's Very Enjoyable. Makes You Smile. :]
    4. Eat In Portions. [[Less Food Everyday.] But DNT Starve Yourself. Not Healthy.
    5. Don't Drink Diet Drinks. Avoid Soda. [[Especially Pepsi.] Drink Juice Instead.
    6. Don't Try 2 Hard. No Starving. No Overworking. Just Start At A Small Step And Grow.
    7. Try 2 Make It Enjoyable As Possible. Live Ur Life. And Stay Safe In The Process.

GOOD LUCK!!
    May Much Good Come From Your Good Intentions.
    -me
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 05:35 PM
    As you will note, it is up to you, to lose weight you will have to burn up more calories per day than you take in. Also you just have to cut down on junk foods, sodas and drink more water and eath healthy
    overweightchick Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by depressedhelp
    Ok. I Had The Same Problem.
    EXACT Same Problem.
    I Still Have It But I'm Working On It
    With Less Struggle Now.
    Ok--
    I Did These Steps.

1. Eat More Fruit. [[Like A Natural.HEALTHY. Sugar.]
    2. Excersize. 3-5 times A Wk For At Least 30 Min. On A TREADMILL
    3. Walk Outside Once In A While. It's Very Enjoyable. Makes You Smile. :]
    4. Eat In Portions. [[Less Food Everyday.] But DNT Starve Yourself. Not Healthy.
    5. DONT Drink Diet Drinks. Avoid Soda. [[Especially Pepsi.] Drink Juice Instead.
    6. Dont Try 2 Hard. No Starving. No Overworking. Just Start At A Small Step And Grow.
    7. Try 2 Make It Enjoyable As Possible. Live Ur Life. And Stay Safe In The Process.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
    May Much Good Come From Your Good Intentions.!
    -me
    - Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

How to lose weight [ 5 Answers ]

How can you lose 40 pounds in a month? Like how long do you excerise and what kind of food should I quit? I am 5'5" and I am 159 and I want to go down to about 100

Can't lose weight, even though I try. [ 10 Answers ]

Hello. I am 21 years old. I am 5 foot 3 and I currently weigh 206 lbs. Now, I am basically healthy, although I do have high cholesterol. My husband finds me attractive and I do not find normal tasks hard to accomplish because of my weight. Still, I know that my weight is not healthy. I want to lose...

How to lose weight [ 11 Answers ]

OK so I'm 15 about 155 and I want to lose weight.. I just can't seem to just get up and do it.. I have a little waist but Big thighs and tummy... so I just want to get down to like 120-125.. can any one help me..

Need some help to lose weight.. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I want some tips to lose weight so please give me efftive tips because I tried many of them doing.. I did many execersie and also started gym but no good result please help me...

View more questions Search