Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superkid778 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Murray 17hp 42 widebody questions...
    The decal under the seat is worn off... where can I look to get the model number? The Murray is a 17hp 42in cut widebody and is probably 5-8 years old... I need to replace the drive belt... I have very little clutch left and you cannot start in any gear higher than 4th (out of 6)... I need the model number to get the correct belt... Thanks in advance!
    God bless!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 06:29 PM
    You may need to go to an established mower shop that has had someone around for quite a while and they may be able to look at the unit and get you the correct belt.
    superkid778 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Apr 2, 2008, 09:43 PM
    Do I have to drop the deck? And the steering shaft is in the center of both sides of the belt... how do I get the belt off so I can match a new one up to it? Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Still trying to work w/ the 17hp briggs & Stratton lawn mower. [ 3 Answers ]

Went through and cleaned the coil up and the carb to just to be safe. Now have spark but it's not much and when tried to start it back fires through the carb. Need more great suggestions!

17hp briggs & stratton bolens lawn tractor will not start? [ 2 Answers ]

Recently purchased a Bolens lawn tractor w/ a 17 hp briggs and stratton. It does not have spark. Have put in a new plug with no results. Need suggestions what to try next. Thanks!

Belt for Murray 17hp 42 widebody [ 1 Answers ]

I need the blade belt for a Murray 17hp twin(42A707) 42 inch cut "Widebody". The old one stretched and broke and I cannot read any numbers on it. Can somebody help me and give me the right part number?

17hp B&S [ 9 Answers ]

We have a 17hp B&S that ran fine for about 30minutes then backfired and died. We can restart for a minute or 2 before the same thing happens again. I hope someone can help. The tractor is about 9 years old but hasn't been used as much as it should. It is in mint condition except for this problem. ...

View more questions Search