Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmhenry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Sizing amp frame & amp trip for heaters
    I am trying to find a chart that gives me the sizes for amp frame & amp trip for heaters in industrial plant or offshore applications. Can anyone help me with this?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2008, 04:57 AM
    This will be found in the manufacturers liturature for the particular brand of switchgear that is installed, for example, GE, Square D, FPE, ABB, Siemens, and I am sure there are others I have missed.

What brand of switchgear do you have?
    Xain_afridi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 11:10 AM
    Ampere Trip is the limit to which if the current reached, CB will Trip. And Ampere Frame is actually the Size of Bus Bar of Penal Board and If in future we have to Replace it with some higher size of CB so we can. Ampere Frame is always higher than Ampere Trip.
    MELDADAR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2012, 11:26 AM
    AT is the value of current to be triped.
    AF is the value of current to be carried without damage the unit of C.B.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Locate filter for Day & Night Furnace & Air-conditioner [ 4 Answers ]

I can't seem to locate the filter to change it on a Day & Night Furnace? Two blue panels on the lower front and only the upper panel comes off and that's where the pilot lights and stuff are. I need to change the filter for the air conditioning and it's a combo unit. Thanks, J

400 amp service, 2 200 amp panels, 320 amp meter socket [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, this is my first post here, but I have been reading a lot and have already learned a bunch. I want to thank TK already and hope you reply to this. I am in the process of designing my electrical system for my new home. I have some electrical experience, but am by no means a pro. I am...

400 amp service with 2-200 amp panels & 320 amp socket [ 6 Answers ]

Hi TK. I am running 400 amp service into my new contruction home. The electric compnay is running a single 400 amp line to the meter. I have to split it to the two panels at that point. You had told me once before that I need a 320 amp meter socket and then run 2-200 amp lines to the separate...

Sizing fresh air & extractor fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have to install a fresh air fan and a extractor fan but I do not know how to size the fans can someone help me

Peacocks & Pines fabric Printed in England for Warner & Sons [ 2 Answers ]

Good day. I have some fabric with "'Peacocks & Pines' printed in England for Warner & Sons limited from the Mandarin Tree Collection copyright by gruff" printed along the salvage edge. I've found some information on Warner & Sons in that it was a textile factory which came about in 1870, but...

View more questions Search