Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbrazil05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Plastering over tiles
    Rather than painting over or removing tiles from a bathroom is there anyway I could plaster over tiles or would the plaster just fall off.
    afourcats Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 03:10 PM
    Honestly I can't think of a way to plaster over tile unless you prep it first and how to do that depends on what or where you are going to plaster, am I right to assume it's a wall or walls you want to do? What part of the house or building is the wall in? Bathrooms are different than kitchens, patios, living rooms, etc. Think about what the plaster needs to adhere to, chicken wire, perhaps putting up a net of chicken wire over the tile first will give the plaster enough footage-but that's only an idea don't hold me to it. Personally, I'd rip out the tile and depending on what's underneath and where its located, put up new board and chicken wire. Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laying tiles [ 2 Answers ]

Can you lay cerramic tiles ontop of other tiles

Reusing tiles [ 7 Answers ]

Had to remove the bottom half of a tiled shower, The tiles came off (too) easy with very little residue on the back. I'd like to reuse them since they are all cut to fit already. Is this OK? How well do they have to be cleaned and what would be the method ? I'm not attempting to reuse the floor...

Removing tiles [ 1 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to remove wall tiles without damaging the walls

Ceiling tiles [ 1 Answers ]

My house was built in the 70's and has those white 12x12 ceiling tiles throughout. Can I cover them over with stucco or do I have to pull them all down. These things are ugly and Want to get rid of them.

View more questions Search