Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TiredofWhining Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 12:07 PM
    Salaried Employee Constantly Tardy
    What is the best way to address a salaried employee who is constantly late to work? He is a foreman and his crew and my business suffers. Putting him back on hourly is not an option.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 31, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Replace him. Tell him that his performance is unacceptable and any more lateness will result in termination.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Yep. Replacement seems to work wonders with people like him. Is there a specific reason he gives for his tardyness such as dropping off another family member at their job since their car doesn't work or they have no car? If he has been repeatedly warned though and promised to cease this behavior - then it's time to replace him as he could care less about your company and YOUR problems as he has too many of his own personal problems to effectively pay attention to the fact that you need him there ontime (or even ahead of time) at the job.
    Benjimeister Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Apr 4, 2008, 12:19 PM
    I agree with the answers above. Sit him down and explain that his tardiness will no longer be tolerated, in writing, and if it continues give him the boot.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 01:27 PM
    If he has not been written up, write him up, let him know if it continues he will be replaced.

If he does it again or a couple more times, give him another final write up and then if you have to, fire him.

If you are allowing him to do it, and do nothing, you then really can't do anything to other employees, you are setting a unwritten rule for allowing it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried employee [ 5 Answers ]

If I am a salaried employee how many hours can I be made to work during a 24 hour period, and how long of a lunch break am I entitled too?

No pay as a salaried employee [ 4 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee and am entitled to 2 weeks. Vacation and 5 personal/sick days. I am required to work overtime without pay. I recent just came off an illness in which I missed 12 of my 15 vac./personal days. I was told I could lose those days, or not take the pay. However, I will have...

Salaried Employee [ 2 Answers ]

Are salaried employees required to complete a timesheet

Salaried employee on call 7/365 [ 4 Answers ]

I work in Texas, am salaried, and am on call 7 nights a week without compensation. How legal is that?

Salaried employee [ 1 Answers ]

I accepted a salaried position with a six day work week. Although I am employed by the same owner as other managers, I am the only Manager working at a retail store. The other Managers work in the Corporate Office, unrelated to my position. All Managers are required to work 6 days but...

View more questions Search