Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candace245 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Can I get a copy of my 2006 returns online
    I filed my taxes online last year and need to get a copy of my 2006 returns to file an emended tax return. I wanted to know if I could simply find them online or do I actually have to deal with the IRS
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 09:02 AM
    You should always make a copy of your tax return for your records!

No way to get a copy from the IRS online. You can request either a complete copy from the IRS - it takes 2 months or so and will cost you $39. Or you can request a transcript, which contains the same information but is in a shortened version - that will take about 2 weeks and is free. See the following for details on how to request this: Frequently Asked Questions - Keyword: Past/Previous Years' Tax Returns

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2006 tax returns forms [ 1 Answers ]

I misplaced my 2006 tax return forms an I need them for college, how can I get a copy of them without paying the IRS?

2006 2007 federal returns [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I came to USA in October 2006. For the three month's salary, I filed online returns for FEDERAL and STATE using Turbotax for my refund which was 2000 USD ( State and Fed both) in Feb 2007. After that I lived in the US till today that is from OCt 2006 till date ( 1.5 yrs approx) ...

How can I get a copy of last years tax returns info ? [ 4 Answers ]

I moved since taxes last year and can't seem to find a copy of them... I need it for my college paperwork. Can you tell me where I can get it quickly?? Thank you.

How to obtain copy of 2006 tax return [ 2 Answers ]

I need to get a copy of my 2006 tax return filed by HR Block

Need copy of 2006 1040 [ 1 Answers ]

I e-filed my 2006 tax return at a public library on their computer. Unfortunately, their printer was down, and I couldn't print a copy of my 1040, or the 8053-OL that I needed to mail out. Now I can't find the website that I used and I need to get the 8053-OL sent in very soon, but I need the info...

View more questions Search