Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlbennett Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Boy or girl?
    Hi you I'm pregnant with my second child I'm 10 weeks pregnant,I was just wondering if you could predict if I'm having a girl or boy?
    With my first pregnancy I had a boy, I had no morning sickness and carried all up front and from behind you could tell I was pregnant even when I was ready to drop, but this time I have had lots of sickness and constantly feel sick, I've already gained lots of weight, also with first pregnancy I craved healthy food but with thuis one I find I'm constantly eating junk xxx so could you please predict what I'm going to have from these symptoms xxx thank you.
    Username Here Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2008, 05:39 AM
    Well, alsorts...

Boys are more likely to be born in winter and girls in summer (says the statisticians)

If you go get a scan, the doctor will be able to tell you for sure, most predictions are old housewife tales (excuse the expression)

Best of luck with the pregnancy!
    Louis.
    dlbennett Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 05:40 AM
    Also for both my first and this 1 they both have the same due date 2 nov but my first son was born 3 days early
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbennett
    hi ya im pregnant with my second child im 10 weeks pregnant,i was just wondering if u could predict if im having a girl or boy?
    with my first pregnancy i had a boy, i had no morning sickness and carried all up front and from behind u could tell i was pregnant even wen i was ready to drop, but this time i have had lots of sickness and constantly feel sick, ive already gained lots of weight, also with first pregnancy i craved healthy food but with thuis one i find im constantly eating junk xxx so could u please predict what im going to have from these symptoms xxx thank you.

No way to predict that is accurate... if you have a scan in the next few weeks they might be able to give you a pretty good idea (if baby cooperates), but it is not 100% and I have known a few families who had to repaint a room when they didn't end up with the gender they were expecting! Sometimes it is very obvious, but mistakes do happen.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 11:41 AM
    The only way to tell 100% is to give birth. LOL, ultrasounds are wonderful, but as Doula mentioned, they have been known to be incorrect. Another way to know is with an amniocentesis, but a doctor will not perform this strictly for the purpose of gender identification.

As for UserName Here... that is totally incorrect that more boys are born in the winter and girls in the summer. Just another old wives tale.
    maria06 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2008, 06:20 AM
    Not sure if this will help but 1st pregnancy I craved sweets especially chocolate cake, I had a wide bump and big bum! I also felt sick in mornings but didn't vomit once. I had a girl.

Second pregnancy I was sick all day every day until end of pregnancy although it did get better. Sweeys made me feel really sick. I craved savouries and carbohydrates. My bump was like a beach ball and my bottom was smaller! I had a boy.

Hope this helps - it doesn't apply to everyone as all pregnancies are different.
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Sep 14, 2008, 10:01 PM
    J_9 is right you can't know for sure till you give birth. In my case the old wives tales came true, I had morning sickness till I was 39 weeks pregnant, I carried high, I looked like I eat a basketball, and I craved sweets and stake. All the old tales pointed to a girl and well they were right. Plus my little one had a full head of hair when she was born, so nurses asked me right away if I had horrible heartburn during my pregnancy and yes I did.

Hope that helps a bit
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2008, 03:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by davejag
    J_9 is right you can't know for sure till you give birth. In my case the old wives tales came true, I had morning sickness till I was 39 weeks pregnant, I carried high, I looked like I eat a basketball, and I craved sweets and stake. All the old tales pointed to a girl and well they were right. Plus my little one had a full head of hair when she was born, so nurses asked me right away if I had horrible heartburn during my pregnancy and yes I did.

Hope that helps a bit
    Hey... where have you been?? Baby keeping you busy?. Hope all is well... :)
    Amber101 Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

Jul 27, 2009, 05:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    No way to predict that is accurate....if you have a scan in the next few weeks they might be able to give you a pretty good idea (if baby cooperates), but it is not 100% and I have known a few families who had to repaint a room when they didn't end up with the gender they were expecting! Sometimes it is very obvious, but mistakes do happen.

What if it's a 4d scan, is there still a chance it may be inaccurate?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Boy or girl? [ 3 Answers ]

My name is Barbara and I'm 14 weeks pregnant. My birthday is 3/22/1983. And my due date is 6/27/07. I want to know if I'm going to have a boy or girl.

Boy or girl [ 3 Answers ]

Will I have a boy or a girl?

Boy or girl [ 10 Answers ]

How can you tell if it is a boy or girl by the rate of the heart beat?

Boy or girl [ 3 Answers ]

I have 5 children 1 girl and 4 boys. First 2 was with another relationship which 1 was a girl,1 a boy my last 4 babies have been boys and I am 33 and pregnant with my 6th child will I ever have another girl

Boy or girl [ 9 Answers ]

I am 3 months pregnant, will I have a boy or a girl

View more questions Search