Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mshariff Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 03:14 AM
    Command prompt
    I have looked into the windows/system32 folder and the files ftp, ipconfig, ping are there... why is the command prompt not recognising these commands then? Could someone give me some input to get these commands working in my command prompt?
    Username Here Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2008, 03:48 AM
    Sounds like you have the system files missing that are required to run those processes.

Might be worth checking out: C:\Windows\System32

Search for programs like: ping.exe and ipconfig.exe and ftp.exe

If they aren't there u should be able to steal them from another persons machine or get them from your boot disk.

Hope this helps,
    Louis.
    mshariff Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 11:23 AM
    I did look into windows/system32 and the ping, ipconfig, ftp files are in there. What else could I try?
    AskGary Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 07:37 PM
    I found some information for you. You need to check that your environment variables are correct.

Start.. My Computer.. Properties.. Advanced.. Environment Variables..

The path variable should include: C:\WINDOWS\system32 and C:\WINDOWS
    Guest Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 2, 2008, 01:21 PM
    The files are present in system32,
    Anything else I could try?

Quote Originally Posted by Username Here
    Sounds like you have the system files missing that are required to run those processes.

Might be worth checking out: C:\Windows\System32

search for programs like: ping.exe and ipconfig.exe and ftp.exe

if they aren't there u should be able to steal them from another persons machine or get them from your boot disk.

Hope this helps,
    Louis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Run command not found [ 11 Answers ]

Please I can't find the run command in my start list. How to reenable it to run regedit.. Please help..

Format command not recognized [ 2 Answers ]

I want to format my friends computer because it doesn't start at all. I already tried the reintall win Xp but it only goes up to 6% and stops. I made a start up disk and the computer stars at the ms-dos and gives the promt (A:) but when I tried to use format C: it says bad command name or file...

Run Command on Start [ 5 Answers ]

I am using Windows 2003 server. I am not finding RUN command on start. When I press Windows+R key it is giving the following message. "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator" Please help me

Change command of pictures [ 1 Answers ]

Lately and not knowing why,my computer is having Picture Viewer in command of all my photographs.This programm may be good but I cannot see my pictures just by clicking and worst of all,some times graphics that are sent to "my imgenes" won't open when clicked.I have to use the right button to "open...

How can I use net send command? [ 1 Answers ]

How can I use "net send" command for the purpose of send massage PC to PC?

View more questions Search