Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luhunting Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 07:48 PM
    Thinking of home schooling
    With the trouble the school is giving us about holding our daughter back and her constant struggle in school my husband sugested home schooling her. I'm concerned with social interaction so can anyone tell me if there are any groups for home schooled kids to get together in vernal Utah. Or tell me how I can find out we have not mad the final decision yet and I would like to research all aspects of it before we make our decision. Your incite would be welcome.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 30, 2008, 07:59 PM
    First to be honest a lot of that interaction worry is more unwarranted worry often given as the reason not to, by those that don't like home school

The main thing is if there is not local groups, get with other home school parents for days out. Also see about getting the child in a group music, or art or dance or karate class where they will still have some interaction
    And/or the religious groups of your choice normally has children programs for children.

You will find untold number of home school kids after you start doing it.
    Also finding the right program for you, we use one that is set, we send papers in, they are graded by a teacher at their main office and is religious based. They even have their own school number to use on the SAT latter and for college admission, so it is more of a distance learning though their school

Here is a link to the Home School Legal Defense group, here you can find links to home school groups in your state, also the current state laws on home school in your area.
    Homeschool: HSLDA-Home School Legal Defense Association:
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by luhunting
    with the trouble the school is giving us about holding our daughter back and her constant struggle in school my husband sugested home schooling her. I'm concerned with social interaction so can anyone tell me if there are any groups for home schooled kids to get together in vernal utah. or tell me how I can find out we have not mad the final decision yet and I would like to research all aspects of it before we make our decision. your incite would be welcome.
    I don't see much activity in this Homeschool group, but that may be because I didn't subscribe. It appears to be from Vernal Utah.

This support group is especially for homeschooling families who live in the UHEA District of Uintah County; specifically Vernal and surrounding areas of Utah.
    VernalHomeschool : VernalHomeschool

If that is of no help, you might want to investigate here:

Utah Home Education Association
    Non-sectarian homeschool support association. We neither approve nor support radical and extreme attitudes and behavior regarding education, but choose instead to maintain a responsible viewpoint. Note: this is the correct link for UHEA. Delete and replace any bookmarks or links you may have with this one: UHEA - Home
    UHEA - Mission Statement

I found both of those at this website:
    Utah Homeschooling - A to Z Home's Cool

Other information about homeschooling:

The Ten Most Important Things
    You Need to Know About Homeschooling
    The Ten Most Important Things you need to know about Homeschooling - Homeschooling Articles - Homeschool.com - Your Virtual Homeschool

EHO Lite Why Homeschool?: Positive Reasons to Homeschool
    Positive Reasons to Homeschool - EHO Lite

Pros and Cons of Homeschooling
    Pros and Cons of Homeschooling - A to Z Home's Cool Homeschooling

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Check with the YMCA. They often have special activities for homeschoolers to get together for swim and gym times. It gives parents a chance to meet one another as well as providing social interaction with age group peers.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Many states allow home schooled kids to attend and participate in different functions

HSLDA | State Laws Concerning Participation of Homeschool Students in Public School Activities
    Breckinridge Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 12:07 PM
    Homeschool: HSLDA-Home School Legal Defense Association:
    Go to that website. That is the homeschool legal defense association. You can click on getting started. Go to your state of Utah. When you click that it will give you an option to look at organizations, cases, laws etc. for you to look at. You might find a local organization in your county or close to your home county that you could be a part of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Schooling At 14 In The UK [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I really hate school, I think its just the atmosphere I can't cope with. I've been looking over the internet and been reading about homeschooling. My mum and dad know I hate school and I kind of keep saying about homeschooling but they don't seem to take me seriously. I have two...

Home schooling [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to take my ged at home or find a school where I can receive my diploma I work during the day and have a child so I really can't afford to pay for it is there any on line programs that maybe is free, or does not cost too much.

Home schooling in the UK [ 2 Answers ]

Hi :o Does anyone have any information about home schooling in the UK. Does a parent need to be qualified to teach

Home Schooling [ 2 Answers ]

Can you create you, your own Home Study program ?

View more questions Search