Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grantsee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Estmated Tax Payable for L-1 visa holder
    Hi

I will be going to be transferred to my holding company in Houston mid this 2008 and will like to know the estimated tax that I need to pay working there. The following are some of my information:

1. I am a Singapore Citizen
    2. I am married with 2 children (4 and 2 years old). My family will join me in US early 2009. My wife will not be working.
    3. My annual estimate income will be about 80,000 to 120,000.

I need to know the estimated tax payable (or the effective tax rate).

Thanks for your help in advance
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 2, 2008, 02:02 PM
    You will pay 6.2% in Social Security taxes on the first $104,500 oo earned income.

You will pay 1.45% in Medicare taxes on all of your earned income.

You will pay about 20% in federal income taxes.

Texas has NO state income tax, so you lucked out there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a J2 visa holder exempted from tax? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am a J1 visa holder from China, working as postdoc research fellow. Currently how many years can a J visa holder be exempted from tax? As J status has been extended to a total of 5 years, is there a corresponding extension for the period for tax exemption? My husband is now working in...

Tax rebate for L2 visa holder [ 1 Answers ]

I'm resident in the US on an L2 visa and will shortly be leaving to return to my home country (UK) after less than 2 years in the USA. I've been employed in the USA for the past year and have paid all applicable Federal/Medicare/State taxes. Am I entitled to any tax rebates upon departure...

Dependent tax exemption for L1 visa holder [ 1 Answers ]

I came to US in oct 2006 on L1 visa. My wife and son came in Dec. I started paying for their medical insurance since oct. Now I have received my W2 form. Can I claim my wife and son as dependents to get the tax benefit. I assume I need to file 1040NR form filing jointly with wife. Which...

Tax Deduction for J-1 Visa holder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm in NY as a trainee (J-1visa). This year I had relevant medical expences (dentist), not paid by the health insurance. Can I deduct them? Thank you

Tax for H1 and H4 visa holder [ 5 Answers ]

I am in H1b Visa, my wife came here in H4 visa in Nov 15, 2006. Can I fill 1040 for 2006 jointly with my wife so that we can receive 13000 standard deduction? She needs a ITIN? She can not have a SSN. Thanks.

View more questions Search