Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joluvnme Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 02:25 PM
    Early release or not?
    My husband is now serving a five year sentence in an Indiana pen.(felony drug charges) but its his first offense in Indiana but his first drug offense ever. Do you think that he will have to complete the whole five years before being released?what is the earliest he could be released?what actions should I take on getting him a court date for early release and when should I start?he's been there 11 months as of today. All replies are welcome and needed. Thank you
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Usually there is some kind of program if you have good behavior while inside that qualifies you for "earned days". I know in county jail that if you volunteer to do work such as work in the jail laundry or jail kitchen you get so many days off your sentence for so many days worth of work. Ask hubby to kite someone in the prison and ask about such a program that he can work towards getting out sooner.

There is also something called shock probation. You could investigate that and see if your state offers this program and how it works.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2008, 04:56 AM
    Hello again, j:

Your husband has a case manager inside. He'll know about any programs that are available... You could call.

I don't know if he's going to go back to court... When he's done, they're just going to let him out - no judge.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early Probation release [ 4 Answers ]

What documents do I need to file an early probation release in VA?

Early release from probation [ 10 Answers ]

Can I get released early from probation in Pennsylvania?

Early Probation Release [ 2 Answers ]

I was charged with 3rd degree burglary and I was told that upon successful completion of my probation, that my charges would be dismissed. I have been on probation for a year now and I have completed all that they required of me, however I was sentenced to a term of up to 5 years. I would like...

Early release from probation [ 1 Answers ]

I have served 3 years and 3 months of my 5-year probation term. I have completed my community service hours and have paid restitution in full. This was my only offense (PC 487 (a) grand theft of property over $400) which by the way is a non-violent crime. I have no arrests or any negative contact...

Early release [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering if it is possible for a probation officer to release you earlier from probation than what the judge has sentenced me to in NYS

View more questions Search