Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 10:45 AM
    What do you bring back?
    What do you bring back from a war?

Those who have been in wars or people with their loved ones in wars or war veterans,I would like to hear what is it that the soldiers actually bring home after a war?

I can only imagine what one sees on the battlefield during wars,I wonder what is it that they bring back from war,are they better or worse for having gone through a war?

Do you/they talk about what they see during their time on the battlefield or is it all inside and the emotional effects of wars...

Would really appreciate input from everyone especially people who have been in wars at one time or another.

Thank you
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 10:52 AM
    I think it would depend on the individual and what they went through and how they deal with things.
    Many soldiers have the post war syndromes where they have nightmares and flashbacks
    And feel often like they are still there.
    Then there are many soldiers in Iraq that are helping build the country and have many great stories.
    Also my son will not tell me much of anything because he says they are told they are not allowed to discuss some things and now it is harder because he has top secret clearance.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Ptsd
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 11:23 AM
    NH4U & Nk,
    Thank you.

Who would such a person with PTSD talk to?Do they have programs to help them cope by the military?

NH4u,Does your son seem sadder than before?How does he deal with daily life after being in a war?Is he withdrawn in other areas too due to his experience?
    Is he able to get help or talk with other than family members,people who are allowed to discuss the war with him?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 11:32 AM
    The VA hospitals and mental health help the PTSD somewhat.

My son loves being in the army and he is not withdrawn. He has always been an outgoing go getter type.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    My son loves being in the army and he is not withdrawn. He has always been an outgoing go getter type.
    That's nice to know:).
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Mar 30, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Gf inlaw is WW2 vet, and I've worked with veterans , combat and non combat.

Ptsd - unfortunantly for some. Survivors' guilt.

Pride in serving their country.

Boredom coming back to civilian life.

Life long friendships.

A lifetime of memories.

The whole range of emotions.

God Bless veterans and our military.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I 'ignore' him, and will it bring him back to me, I don't want to loose him! [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in a know this guys for almost 4 years. We dated for 2 and a half years. And yes we started dating in high school, everything was great, we were very close, very good friends, and we both 'knew' that we had something special. We both admit that we went a little too fast for a little...

Bring Back the 90's :) [ 13 Answers ]

I got sent something on email, which has sent me on a trip down memory lane. The 90's was my era and what a wonderful era to have grown up in. See the below: 1) 10p Mr Frosty Ice Pops on long summer days! 2) Gordon the Gopher! 3) You could do or tried to do the Prodigy step. 'You're no good...

Shoplifted a bra n now I have to bring it back [ 28 Answers ]

Ok, so I'm 15 n I stole a bra from the store like 2 weeks ago and my mom found out about it and she making me take it back tomorrow I was jw if anyone knows like what they'll do? By the way I live and the usa

I want to bring us back together, but I have no idea how. Can someone tell me how? [ 96 Answers ]

It's been over a year now that it's been over. But about half of that year my ex and I have still clearly had an emotional attachment (talking about being confused and scared that we were breaking up, etc). I admit that on his part, it's been less. But I also admit that he's a better friend and is...

Bring back deleted history? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I bring back deleted internet site history once it has been deleted?

View more questions Search