Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smith1neil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Dimmer switch buzzing?
    Hi
    I recently installed a light dimmer switch in the bathroom. I now notice that a buzz eminates from the switch when it is used to dim the lights, but does not occur when the lights are on full bright.
    Any help and guidance will be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Neil:confused:
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 11:01 AM
    I think that is fairly standard. The dimmer may also get warm when it is not full-on. Unless the buzz is really loud, I think you are probably all right (assuming you are within the wattage specification of the dimmer).

WallyH
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Your not trying to dim a fluorescent light, are you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dimmer switch [ 1 Answers ]

Does dimmer switch save electricity Switch rated for 600 watts Circuit has 5 65 watt bulbs total 325 watts When dimmer is used does it save energy and electricity ?

Dimmer switch hot [ 4 Answers ]

We recently changed over fluorescent lighting to track lighting with a dimmer switch. Recently I noticed that there was a bit of a blue spark when we turned the switch off and the switch itself was warm. What would the problem here be?:confused:

Dimmer switch [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to change a regular light switch (2 wires red and black) with a dimmer switch with 3 wires ( 2 black and a green) where do you connect these 3 wires? THX.

Dimmer buzzing [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know why wall dimmers for incandescent lights buzz? I have had some that buzz and some that don't. If the light buzzes, changing the dimmer doesn't seem to help. The buzz is very annoying!

Dimmer Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a set of four standard toggle switches next to each other all controlling different lights within the house. I want to replace one of those toggle switchs with a dimmer for one of the lights. I just wanted to maker sure that putting a dimmer switch in between the other toggle switches...

View more questions Search