Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smokey15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 05:31 AM
    LexmarkX6570 Paper jam display with no paper jam
    Hi,
    I cannot get the paper jam error to clear - I have unplugged the printer, rebooted by laptop and still the error keeps appearing. There is no paper in the machine and the path is clear of any paper.

Any assistance would be very helpful!
    Thank you.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 30, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Check the paper tray and make sure the paper is installed correctly.

You may be getting a false paper jam error message because the printer expects paper to be under a switch and the paper never made it to the correct spot in time.

Also, use the guide books instructions and check all paper check points to make sure they are clear. Lastly, make sure that the printer properties are set to the correct paper source tray.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 10:32 AM
    I have a lexmark as well and have that problem sometimes... I turn it upside down to make sure that nothing has fallen into the slot. (has happened... 3 kids). I also open the lid to check for a smalll amount of hung or torn scrap of paper and then I use the manuel feed button to feed the paper into the machine. Usually that works for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to clear paper jam indication [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone... I read that there are a number of printer experts on this forum so here goes... I had a paper jam... I cleared it... but the indication of paper jam would not go away... and as long as it would not go away... the printer would not print... the printer is a HP deskjet D1320... very...

Canon MP600 says no paper when there is paper [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying tp print from Canon MP600 but get message "there is no paper. load paper and press OK" There is paper in feeder - any idea of what solution might be ? Thanks

My printer's not working after a paper jam [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it my epson stylus c65 is not printing? I have a paper jam when suddenly the lights are dancing alternative through the ink button and paper button? What shall I do?

Paper jam [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hp deskjet d1320. I was printing,and all of a sudden it said paper jam.I looked and there is not a paper jam.. how do I get my printer to unjam or to work?

In a legal jam [ 2 Answers ]

HELLO! I'm in a legal jam of which I know very little about, what I do know about is emergency medical work, structural firefighting, massage therapy, amongst other things.

View more questions Search