Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N_21M_IND Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2008, 10:55 PM
    How to gain weight?
    Hello,
    I am 21 years old boy. I have a height of 5'5 and I weigh about 45kgs. I am underweight and desperately want to increase my weight. Whenever I increase my diet I start gaining weight but as soon as I come back to normal diet schedule, my weight heavily decreases. Professionally I am a college student and dealing with good amout of stress.
    Please let me know how to gain weight.
    Thanks in advance
    xxluvmexxhatemexx Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Mar 29, 2008, 10:57 PM
    Well you could try not going back on your regular diet or just take little bits of it back at a time and eventually your body will get used to that diet and you can live off it but don't gain too much or you will become overweight
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 01:20 AM
    What kind of normal diet do you currently have?

What kind of "extended diet" did you try to keep?

At 5'5" and 45 kgs (100 lbs) you are dangerously underweight...regardless, let's try some things...

eat constantly. I don't mean eat entire meals all day...but keep something in your bookbag, car, desk, whatever...just keep on snacking. By snacking, don't eat junk food...eat things that are high in "good fat" such as:

Nuts (these are great small snacks that you can keep anywhere)
    Legumes
    Meat
    Chicken
    Turkey
    Olive oil
    Avocados (GREAT for gaining weight healthily)
    Pasta

Also maintain a relatively moderate exercise routine... as you gain muscle, you'll gain more weight as muscle has more density than fat does.

At your age, height, and build, you're burning about 2200 calories a day... so try to consume more than that during the day and you should be gaining weight slowly.
    xxluvmexxhatemexx Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Mar 30, 2008, 07:53 PM
    :confused: why do you want to gain weight. If you have a lot of trouble gaining weight it might be because you have a high metabolism. My dad has the same problem. If you truly need to gain weight then having a lot of stress will help. You should also try eating a lot more during the day.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 10:42 PM
    ... are you suggesting that he gets MORE stressed out.. I mean... what kind of advice are you giving out here..
    teresa obst Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Mar 30, 2008, 11:12 PM
    I agree with the following: eat more.
    But.. don't eat junk food, that won't work. Eat real meals. (Fast food can work but will not gain you muscle and is bad for your heart)

Buy the bags of fruits and nuts mixes that you can carry with you.
    Drink milkshakes and eat ice cream (you have the calcium benefit)
    Wendy's is a great fast food alternative (baked potatoes, chili, and their burgers are real beef)

I am not an expert but I do have to try to keep weight on my mom who has cancer
    goodfella21 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 09:56 PM
    Rice all the way

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gain Weight [ 6 Answers ]

Ok people I'm 19 and I weigh 120... I was worndering if there's Any quick way or what I need to do to gain weight... I would like to get to atleast145-150... How long would that take me?following the steps I need to take?

I want to gain weight [ 1 Answers ]

I know it's always a problem for lots of women to lose wieght but in my case I want to gain weight... I eat a lot of junk food but it doesn't work!! Wats the most quick way??

Weight gain/s [ 1 Answers ]

After quitting 20 yeasrs of smoking I have gained weight by 1 stone. What is the correct weight for being 5 foot 1, age 35? What calorie instake can I have? I have never looked at the back of packets of food/gained weight like this before. What tummy excersises can be compledted at home? ...

Weight gain [ 2 Answers ]

I am 22, height 155cm.50kg. I want to have expanded bones and more weight so that I will be looking like the person of correct age. Now I am looking like 15year boy. This makes me depression. Kindly give the suggestions and advice.

View more questions Search