Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zeebee12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2008, 04:54 PM
    Brownish, clumpy discharge before period?
    Hi, I really just need to say this to someone to get it all out and hopefully someone can help me through this or just stop my worries (I'm such a pessimist... ). Okay, well... I'm 18 years old, I've had my period since I was 11, I have never been sexually active, and I am not on any birth control, but recently my boyfriend and I started masturbating with each other. About a week ago when we were together, he ejaculated and then a few minutes (maybe 10) after, he touched me. He's a pessimist too--seeing the worst in everything--and he can't remember if he got any sperm on his hand before he touched me. Just to be safe, we went and took Plan B the next day. So there's this tiny, minuscule chance that I may be pregnant, right? (I keep telling myself it's impossible, but I know it's not all over until I have my period.) My last 4 periods have been very irregular (2 weeks late, 1.5 weeks early, 1 week early, this one will be a week late in a few days if it comes) and I've noticed for the last 2 days that I've had a brown, clumpy discharge... like blood clots maybe. There's also a small bit of red blood on occasion. Sometimes I get this at the end of my period, but never before. I just read somewhere that this is a sign of pregnancy, but then I read somewhere else that it could be spotting from the contraceptive or from the immense amount of stress I've been under from school/family.

Hopefully someone can help me stop freaking out about this!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2008, 07:53 PM
    It's probably just from taking plan b. it's basically a huge dose of hormones and its not uncommon for it to throw off your cycle.its very very unlikely that you're pregnant. Even if he did get sperm inside of it doesn't sound like it could have been much (not that it takes a lot to get pregnant or anything it just makes it less likely) and then you took the pill within the recommended amount of time. Start worrying if you actually start experiencing any signs of pregnancy and miss your period entirely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brownish Discharge 1 week before period [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I was wonderig if anybody can help me. For the last two months I've been having a brownish discharge about a week before my period and don't know why this occurs. I got of the pill last October and was spotting a bit after it, but then it stopped around January so I don't think that's...

Irregular period and brownish discharge [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on the because pills and later changed to the patches. However, the whole reason of getting on because pills was to make my menstruations regular. I have been off the patches for some time now, and My husband and I are trying to conceive.Well, I haven't had a period for 6 or more...

Late period, brownish blood/discharge [ 1 Answers ]

My period is about 3 days late and today I started to get some brownish discharge or blood it kind of looks like the end of my period. I'm not sure what going on. Does anyone know?

View more questions Search