Expected return - Standard deviation
    Returns
    Probability--Investment A-------Investment B----------Investment C
    0.1... -22.00%... -13.00%... -10%
    0.2... -2.00... 1.00... 2.00
    0.4... 20.00... 15.00... 12.00
    0.2... 35.00... 29.00... 20.00
    0.1... 50.00... 43.00... 38.00

1. Find the expected return for each investment.
    2. Find the standard deviation for each investment.
    3. Find the coefficient of variation for each investment.
    4. Does one investment represent a better risk/return trade-off? Explain.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 10:23 PM
    Please see for info about posting homework problems.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

Also you need to realize that different books can have different equations for standard deviation and especially for coefficient.
    TJackCarr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300
    Please see for info about posting homework problems.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

Also you need to realize that different books can have different equations for standard deviation and especially for coefficient.

This was not a homework problem... we had to make our own problem up and the professor would inturn choose for the 36 questions we gave. My buddy said that it was confusing and hard to answer. I wanted to see if it was. So you don't need to answer just tell me if there is enough information to answer the questions.

Thanks
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 12:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TJackCarr
    My buddy said that it was confusing and hard to answer. I wanted to see if it was. So you don't need to answer just tell me if there is enough information to answer the questions.

Thanks
    Sure there's enough info. To get that stuff you only need a frequency with which each happens (or a proportion one like you have it), which can get you an expected value. With that you can get a standard deviation. And with those two you can get the coefficient.

And whether it's confusing or not depends on what class this is for. I never learned this in finance and it might be complicated for that class. For statistics, it's fairly basic stuff.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Standard Deviation [ 2 Answers ]

The weights ( in pounds) of a sample of five boxes being sent by UPS are :12,6,7,3, and 10. Compute the standard deviation. I'm not quite sure where to start with this problem What formula do I use for this problem?

Standard Deviation [ 2 Answers ]

On one of my homework assignments I had this question: A coin is tossed 72 times. Find the standard deviation for the number of heads that will be tossed. Could you please help me get started? Then I will be fine. Thank you, Cheryl :confused:

Statistics standard deviation and mean [ 1 Answers ]

A test consists of 80 multiple choice questions, each with five possible answers only one of which is correct. What is the mean and standard deviation of the number of correct answers

Standard Deviation [ 3 Answers ]

The question reads, What is the standard deviation for the sample data below: 154,216,171,188,229,203,184,173,181,147 Round the answer to the nearest tenth. I have done this several times but my answer keeps coming up wrong. Can anyone explain this to me>?

View more questions Search