Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ducknese Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Business grants for disabled and convicted felon
    My husband is a convicted felon but also is disabled. Would someone know a research direction to start?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2008, 11:42 AM
    First there is not just grants laying around for people to open a small business, you have to research grants and it can take months to find one that is right for you. Many will have to do with businesses in economic depressed areas, and will not be all the money you need, often they will supply part of the funds, but you will need to arrange private loans and financing for the business also.

The SBA would be the first place to start. Also the local chamber of commerce to see if they have programs in your area.

If you are going to be hiring enough employees, often there are tax breaks or even buildings furnished by economic coucils in the area.
    Most actual grants go to non profit groups that then assist others in local areas.

The there are grants for things like study of the mating habits of moths, or how to make commercial use of kudzu ( can't make these up the real ones are too funny)
    Bosshogg579 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2011, 02:25 PM
    I want to start a new life with my wife and 2 step kids , I want to put back what I took out of the community and get out of the horriable living condition that we live in . I want to build a business for kids to enjoy themselves in a climate controlled environment open 6 days a week I think my idea would be make exclusive if I had the money to create my idea I know it would work cause childern would love it the reason I want to do this is because I'm not able to be in my kids life due to my past because I committed crimes which therefore the mothers of my 2 children keep me from seeing my kids so to bring joy to my heart I want to build a place where its safe fun and a relaxed place for the whole family to enjoy! Thanks so much.
    Kenneth Jones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2013, 09:38 PM
    Yes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convicted Felon [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All I have a federal felony for Bank Fraud. I'm currentlty on probatin and It will end December 2008. So my felony will be on my record once my probation is over. Now I'm engaged and my Fiance' is enlisted in the United States Air Force. His orders will send him oversea's More than likely to...

I am a convicted felon [ 5 Answers ]

I live in the state of California so if anyone can help me please or give me any advive I would appriecate it very much. I am a recovering addict. I have almost five years clean. When I was using, I was a totally different person and went a little crazy, stupid crazy. Anyway, I was convicted of...

Grants for convicted felons [ 69 Answers ]

I want to know if there are any grants for convicted felons ?:)

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

Convicted Felon [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a convicted felon. I would like to marry my boyfriend that is not a native or a resident of the united States. Is there a waiting period for me to file for his residency?

View more questions Search