Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmarigoni Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Any drywall finishers out there?
    After slaving in my basement for a couple of weeks now, I decided to hire a finisher to well, finish the remainder of my mud and tape. I was wondering if I was being charged a fair price. (I know prices differ from place to place, so just looking for a ballpark)

I have three 10' x 10' rooms, and 1 5' x 12' bathroom, and a huge hallway. All three rooms have closets, as well as the bathroom. This is somewhere in the vicinity of 2500 square feet of wallboard. Smooth walls, and textured ceiling.

The best bid I got, after actually finding a finisher that would work the surface that I hung was $900.00+mud for this job. I live in Utah and was wondering if this sounds about right to anyone? If I can barter with the guy for a few bucks I'm probably not above doing that, but if it is a good price, I'll take it.

Thanks!

B.Marigoni
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Mar 28, 2008, 06:34 PM
    To have someone hang and finish it your looking at 17 dollars per board, which comes up to be around 1300 dollars, and hanging it is the easy part. So for 900 , yea id say that's far.
    bmarigoni Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 06:41 PM
    Thanks Glavine, I thought it sounded great, especially since I feel that finishing drywall is about equal to being repeatedly kicked in the head. Maybe being kicked would be the better of the two...

BM
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Mar 29, 2008, 10:46 PM
    Depends on how hard and how long the kicking last I guess lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drywall [ 6 Answers ]

My home is about 25 years old. Recently I've noticed that the drywall screws seem to be coming out. There's small bumps in the drywall where the screws are. In one room, the opposite is happening. Instead of bumps, I have small depressions around the screws. Is this situation serious and what...

Drywall to drywall [ 2 Answers ]

I need to resurface a wall that has a layer of 1/2" drywall with another layer of 1/2" drywall. I intend to use laminating adhesive and type g gypsum screws. Do I need to be concerned about getting these screws into the studs or just screw drywall to drywall?

Backerboard to drywall [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best method to attach 1/2" backerboard to 1/2" drywall for shower tile application? I know this is not recommended but dimensions have left me no choice.

Wet drywall [ 1 Answers ]

Is the strength of drywall affected by humidity?

Finishing drywall [ 3 Answers ]

I have built a new interior wall in a room that had existing textured ceilings. I'm just wondering how to go about mudding the seams where the new wall meets the old ceiling. I assume I'll want to scrape the texture off so that the tape can lay flat against the ceiling? I've never done texturing...

View more questions Search