Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Feb 7, 2006, 02:01 AM
    City of Angels
    I just wanted to know who has since the city of angels movie starring nicolas cage and meg ryan? I saw it when it originally came out and was indifferent to it, however I watched the movie before the super bowl and now I can't stop thinking of how great a movie it really was. I believe its one of meg ryan's best performance, as nicolas's cage, and I love the way it's the film is shot. It's bright, clean, and always uplifting even in the darkest of hours during the story. It asks many questions about faith in this movie, however I feel it has one of the best love stories I have ever seen, a great plot that derived from the book wings of desire(or at least I think it was a book). All I am trying to say is that I cannot stop thinking about this movie and because there was no where to discuss that I could find, I have come here hoping for people who have seen it too, or who would like to post a suggestion for a movie they recently saw and enjoyed.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Feb 7, 2006, 07:14 PM
    I liked City of Angels too. I thought Andre Braugher was good as Nicholas Cage's friend, and I also liked Dennis Franz as the "fallen angel". That movie still makes me think about God, the universe, and what life is really all about.

Completely to the opposite though, I just saw Wedding Crashers again on DVD last weekend, and it was awesome! It's funny, but at a deeper level, it really does make you wonder about how choices to be positive or negative in one's life can make a difference.

Feb 7, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Dude I own wedding crashers uncorked dvd and that stuff is epic, omg its great.
    undercover_rainbow Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2006, 08:58 PM
    I remember renting City of Angels not too long after it came out on video. I absolutely loved it. A beautiful love story, and a fantastic plot! Just loved it!
    Choppers_Mama Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Feb 8, 2006, 04:23 PM
    I loved City of Angels. It was beautifully done. Really sweet. The soundtrack is amazing too. :)

Feb 8, 2006, 07:44 PM
    For me one of the best moments in the entire world was after maggie rice(meg ryan) had died, and he was in a house and his angel friend showed up and started to ask him how it was. Then he asked him if it was worth it, and I forgot what seth(nicolas cage) said but I think it was something along the lines of "I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One. " Overall, just a phenomal movie, I kind of want to watch it again...
    Mooshie Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2006, 10:25 PM
    Personally, City of Angels was a little saccharine for my tastes. But yeah, that soundtrack is awesome. If you liked the love story aspect of the movie, you might also enjoy the film Truly, Madly, Deeply, starring Alan Rickman. It's a wooonderful film.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Feb 12, 2006, 07:49 PM
    I loved City of Angels, made me cry, I just watched million Dollar Baby, did the same this I cried like a baby, but it was really good, another movie that make you feel good inside.
    maria26 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Feb 12, 2006, 09:13 PM
    I loved that movie... just beautiful, especially the ending. I too enjoyed the soundtrack.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is this Song From Charlie's Angels? [ 11 Answers ]

When (Cameron Diaz) Natalie (Drew Barrymore) Dylan (Lucy Liu) Alex knows that (Sam Rockwell) Eric Knox is a tarater they went to his beach house or beach cave to rescue (Bill Murray) Bosley and to kill Eric Knox and in this scene Eric knox played a song on the Audio Player and start smoking and...

City trying to take my car [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everybody, New to the site and looks very imformative. Hopefully someone can help me out here. I live in Van Nuys CA. comfortable little apartment. Been here for 12 years now. My hobby is working on cars so I am usually under the hood of my car. About two months ago, City...

NY City Resident Tax [ 1 Answers ]

Work in NYC, but live in Long Island (Suffolk County). Do I need to pay NY -City Resident tax? I have checked the entire forum but could not find a similar post or everyone knows the answer already? :confused: Thank you!

L.A. Angels [ 1 Answers ]

Sirs: My question is about a member of MLB called Vladimir Guerrero. I understand that He is from the Dominican Republic. I was wondering who His parents were, as it seems to be an unusual first name for a Spanish speaking country! It sounds like a Russian name to me or maybe...

NY State and City Taxes [ 5 Answers ]

Is a full time student at Columbia University considered resident for tax purposes for both NY and NY City ? Can the student claim being a resident of the State where he used to live before becoming a student ?

View more questions Search