Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lil skropy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 02:48 PM
    probability using deck of cards
    hi well I really need help with this homework because my teacher kept on explaining something and I just don't get it!

With replacement:

1. 2Queens 4/52*4/52 I get that part.. but this..

2. 2 clubs

3. an ace and then a 2

4.neither is a diamond

5.A black 10 and then a red ten

Without replacement:

6.2 Queens I know this 1.. Its 4/52*3/51

7.2 clubs

8.an ace and then a 2

9.neither is a diamond

10.A black 10 and then a red ten

Please just give me the first part. I will figure out the rest. Because I don't play cards but I really need help on this or I will fail math. Thank you very much:)
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 03:05 PM
    2. 2 clubs
    There are 13 clubs in a deck. Since there is replacement, the events are independent.

(13/52)(13/52)

3. an ace and then a 2
    There are 4 Aces and 4 twos. (4/52)(4/52)

4.neither is a diamond
    There are 39 cards that are not diamonds.

Without replacement:

8.an ace and then a 2
    (4/52)(4/51)

10.A black 10 and then a red ten
    There are 2 black 10's and 2 red 10's.

See now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

PROBABILITY deck of cards [ 4 Answers ]

In a card deck, what is the probability of drawing a 3 or king from a deck without replacement? Drawing at least one king when you draw cards from a standard deck 20 times; assume you replace the card each time you draw, so there are always 52 cards to draw from? please help me break this...

I need to replace my deck belt on my troybilt 17hr. 42' deck belt diagram [ 4 Answers ]

I need to replace my deck belt on troybilt 17hr. 42' riding lawnmover. Be nice to have a diagram

Probability of selecting cards from a deck [ 2 Answers ]

Separate the 12 face cards from the rest of the deck. Assume that the remaining cards have been shuffled. Select THREE cards from the pile of face cards. How many ways are there of selecting one of each face card from the pile. Second question: How many ways are there of selecting three of the...

Statistics -deck of cards, 4 aces, 4 players [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: Hi trying to figure out a problem: you have a deck of 52 cards with 4 aces, assume you give 13 cards to each of 4 players, what is the prob that each players gets one ace?

How to keep second floor deck from dripping water onto first floor deck [ 5 Answers ]

We are planning to build a second floor deck over an existing deck. Will be 16 x 12 when finished. My question is this. We don't want the upper deck to allow water to drip onto the lower deck when raining. How can this be prevented? I want to use 5/4 decking on top, but don't see how we can do that...

View more questions Search