Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curious George Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 11:35 PM
    Burning smell in Hampton Bay
    Just bought a new house that has Hampton Bay ceiling fans/lights in several rooms. Each one gets a hot or burning smell after they've been on awhile. Is there a break-in period for these things or did the builder wire something wrong, or do the 60W bulbs need to be 40W? :confused:
    A little help from someone in the know would be greatly appreciated.:D
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2006, 05:42 AM
    You might open it up. Most fixtures have a little sticker in it giving the maximum bulb size. If you want more light than the specified bulb gives, you should use compact fluorescence. You can pick up 60 watt equivalents 5/$10 at HD. Besides saving money and burning cooler, they go a long time without changing. If the bulbs are exposed, you may not choose to do it.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 06:52 PM
    60watt bulbs is standard, assuming they're standard base and not candelabra base. Is the fan working properly?

I would keep an eye on them, but if they don't stop working and the smell goes away, it could just be "breaking in".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool dryer drum won't turn, with burning smell [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool dryer drum won't turn, after I set the setting and close the door, and there is a strong burning smell at that time. It is only about 2 1/2 yrs old. Any ideas? Thanks, Cindy

Cd burning [ 4 Answers ]

I am a church webmaster I would like to record burn long play cd fast, is there a computer with mulit cd burning stand alone. And is there a software the burn multi cd's at once.

Burning... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there... I know a little about burning data dics... but one thing is I want to burn a pack of installer for example Adobe CS Pack but I notice that the file size is too big it won't fit in to my 700MB cd so I want to make it 2 cds like some installer pack into 3 cds or more... but I don't know...

Burning CD [ 8 Answers ]

I am having one heck of a time trying to figure out why, all of a sudden Nero will only write CDA files. Up until recently I have had no problem writing MP3s to CD in MP3 format. I have wasted many CDs while trying to find a solution. :-/

Burning fat [ 1 Answers ]

While exercising, your blood has to be pumping at the rate of 120 or whatever it is to burn fat. How long do you have to have to exercise at this rate in order to burn 1 gram of fat? What about calories? What's better, a bread with 70 calories with 1 gram of fat or a bread with 90 calories with...

View more questions Search