Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acp2001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Foreclosure proceedings
    I am faced with foreclosure due to the appraisal being low in my effort to re-finance an interest only loan.

My question is: what am I allowed to take with me before they come and sell the house at public auction?

I would like to remove all the applicancies, like the stove, dishwasher, kitchen and bathroom sinks, light fixtures, water heater, toilets, etc. before I leave.

I bought the refrigerator and washing/drying machine before we moved in, but all of these others were included in the new house when we moved in.

Are they mine? Can I take them with me?

I don't want to be forced to pay for replacing them after I remove them.

Will wait for your reply... Thank you.

acp2001
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 28, 2008, 11:46 AM
    None of those things can be removed. Those are all fixtures that are considered part of the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wage and court proceedings [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Florida and have been threatened with wage garnishishment cause of a car repo they recently sent me a motion for default what should I do ?

Bank levy, now foreclosure proceedings [ 2 Answers ]

We recently have run into some serious financial trouble. My husband was supposed to be in charge of most bills. A few years ago, his mother passed away and left approx $300,000 in an account. He withdrew the total amount within a year and was never told by the company he withdrew from about the...

Eviction Proceedings- VA [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I am new to this site, but I've already found it very useful reading some of your answers. My husband and I have been renting a condo in VA since May. The tenants have not been paying the rent on time from the beginning. In June I received a total of five partial payments. In July they have...

Eviction proceedings [ 1 Answers ]

I was given a notice to go to court to start eviction proceedings. The thing is I don't owe my lanlord anything. I have been late a few times w/ rent but I always pay and w/ the penilty fee. I am having money problems and I am pregnant and already have 3 kids. Do they have the right to evict me?

View more questions Search