Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oracle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2004, 12:59 AM
    Mortgage based securitization(MBS)
    I'd like to know £º
    1. the basic procedure of mortgage based securitization(MBS)
    2. what kind of organization are involved in MBS
    And
    3. contracts or deals needed to finish the transaction.

Thanks
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

Jun 9, 2004, 12:18 PM
    Re: mortgage based securitization(MBS)
    Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) - Is a broad term which encompasses securities carved out of receivables out of mortgage funding. MBS are further classified into residential mortgage-backed securities and commercial mortgage-backed securities. The generic term also includes private label and agency securities, pass-throughs, or derivatives such as Collateralized Mortgage Obligations. It can refer to the Over-the-Counter options on mortgage backed securities as well. These mortgage backed securities are viewed as either plain vanilla or exotic.

This is a site that has a 36 page article on the MBS industry in the UK. It is only updated through 1994 but the fundamental haven't changed much.

http://www.knowledgeplex.org/showdoc.html?kpid=2535

Hope that helps!
    kapilsachdeva78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2005, 12:03 AM
    Mbs
    Quote Originally Posted by oracle
    I'd like to know £º
    1. the basic procedure of mortgage based securitization(MBS)
    2. what kind of organization are involved in MBS
    and
    3. contracts or deals needed to finish the transaction.

thanks
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Home based biz New Jersey [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I own a power washing business on the jersey shore(ocean and monmouth counties).I'm looking for someone who would be interested in marketing my services by phone or putting advertisements on peoples doorknobs.must be clean cut,honest and responsible.you would work on a commission basis.no hard...

Web based communication [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a way for two people to have instant communication over the internet without installing any software. MSN2Go or something similar would be ideal but unfortunately we are prohibited from using IM by our sysadmin. A solution to this problem would be an inhouse web-based IM/chat...

Web Based Sent Mail [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. I've been using web based email using SMTP and all of the sent mails have been stored on the server. Is there a way to download those sent mails from the server into the "Sent Items" folder of Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-3? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Looking for song, based on lyrics [ 1 Answers ]

Here are the lyrics, does this song sound familiar to anyone? (it seems to me it's 1980's) "No one said it would be easy, Did anyone tell tell you it would be.. Relax your mind and get lost in me You know, and I know our love is strong enough, Chorus To weather the rain, to weather the...

View more questions Search