Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Hiring a pregnant employee
    During the interview process if a candidate discloses that she is pregnant and this affects the employers decision on whether she should be hired, can the employer be sued?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 08:27 AM
    As long as the job doesn't involve something that would be dangerous for the woman to do like heavy lifting or be around chemicals or stand all day or something, yes, it shouldn't affect the hiring or not-hiring... how would you know if it was the fact the person was pregnant though that she didn't get hired?
    SBU Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Apr 12, 2008, 09:50 PM
    Yeah, you can't prove it unless you have proof. They have truth on their side (or at least what the perceived truth is.)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 09:56 PM
    I would think it would be their word against yours, unless you have written proof or something else then you don't have a case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of Hiring Someone to Paint [ 24 Answers ]

We are in the process of redecorating our family room, and two bedrooms. We have asked for estimates to paint these 3 rooms. The rooms are 12X18.5, 12X17 and the 3rd room is 12X14. Also there is a small foyer along with a short hallway. We are providing all the paint. We received one quote of...

Illegal Hiring--is it criminal? [ 53 Answers ]

Want to solve the so called illegal Hispanic immigration problem? Crack down on those who are gladly breaking their own country's law by doing the hiring. As long as there are AMERICANS who value profit more than they value their own country's laws and continue to illegally hire people they aren't...

Hiring Probability [ 5 Answers ]

Question: Of 64 qualified applicants for job classification B, 16 have long hair. In the past the agency hired 8 positions. If the agency hired without regard to hair length, what is the probability of hiring 7 people with long hair out of the eight new hires? Would you say that the agency...

Hiring a Cleaning Crew [ 2 Answers ]

I am hiring a cleaning crew which is licensed & bonded. I was told that if one of the crew were hurt in my house, I would be responsible but that homeowners insurance would cover any claims made. Is this true?

Hiring without being bonded [ 2 Answers ]

Can a business that needs to have it's employees bonded to enter customer's home, legally hire someone who has not been bonded? I stupidly signed a contract with a business before they had all my information - insurance, registration, background check- and decided the job was not for me. They are...

View more questions Search