Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 07:55 PM
    Hissing!!
    One of my cats has been very calm and easy going for the first two years of his life and now, all of a sudden, he has started to hiss at us. It seemed to start as a game he was playing. We would be walking and he would jump in front of us and hiss. Now he has started hissing all the time. When we pet him, pick him up and sometimes if we just look at him. He is also being aggressive with the other two cats, one of which is his sister. I am really not sure how to handle this anymore. Any suggestions?
    daehnolem Posts: 61, Reputation: 12

Feb 6, 2006, 08:44 PM
    Has he been neutered? I don't know a lot about cats, but I know male cats can start acting different if they are intact.
    MCory Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 08:54 PM
    Is the cat neutered? Once cats hit puberty, hormones can drastically change their behaviour. They can start to see themselves as separate from the family or "pride", and will act out or challenge others they consider a threat to "their" territory. Sometimes it can manifest fairly quickly, but taking the hormones out of the equation doesn't always solve the problem, sometimes I think cats are just plain crazy. My suggestion would be to neuter him if he isn't already, give him plenty of space or at least his own little area, or film everything because most people think seeing others attacked by cats is hilarious and you could make a lot of money on a home video show. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hissing kittens [ 4 Answers ]

We have just added two twelve week old ragdoll kittens to our family. They are socialized and are fine with everyone except out 9 year old kelpie/cross. She is okay with them but won't look directly at them as they hiss every time she is about. What can we do to help them bond with her.

Hissing toilet [ 4 Answers ]

Well, I am sure there is an easy fix for this but before I went and started replacing parts, I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts. I hear a hissing noise coming from my toilet. I am about 99% sure it is coming from my tank area. My thought is it is coming from the float area. Maybe, the seal...

Hissing shy kittens [ 2 Answers ]

Dear list Last week my fiancé and I adopted 6 month old sisters. We kept them in a separate room and visited them several times per day. Despite their cowering, hissing and growling we sat/layed on the floor, spoke softly and pet them. Some progress was made and they seem a little more...

Hissing cat! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I posted the thread on here titled 2 cats, this is an update to that thread. The mother cat is still hissing at her 6 month old female offspring, though it is now more frequent and aggressive, she refuses to let sachi(kitten) near her, she just displays her fangs and hisses really loud or just...

View more questions Search