Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgdavis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Science: matter- gas
    If hot air comes from a mouth or blow dryer, Is it still a gas? They are both gases because the hot air from your mouth is expelled oxygen and the hot air from the blow dryer is forced generated heat from electricity? Am I right?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 27, 2008, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sgdavis
    If hot air comes from a mouth or blow dryer, Is it still a gas? They are both gases because the hot air from your mouth is expelled oxygen and the hot air from the blow dryer is forced generated heat from electricity? Am I right?
    Of course hot air from a mouth or from a dryer is a gas.
    Gas can be anything, as long as it is not solid nor liquid (forget the plasma state)
    Air as in our atmosphere contains nitrogen, oxygen, CO2, helium, hydrogen and some stray gases.
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Mar 30, 2008, 03:03 AM
    Hot air from the mouth contains majorly CO2, some nitrogen and other gases not needed by the lungs, oxygen will be there but in low quatity, as the mximum amount gets absorbed in the lungs.it also has some water vapours or the moisture content.

While the hot air coming out of the dryer is the air that is around us, but this air gets hot after passing through the heated filament that gets hot whne the dryer is turned on . This air contains CO2 about 0.04%, nitrogen 78%, and other trace gases constituenting the air mixture.
    karenn97 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 06:09 PM
    Student's know that in solids the atoms are closely locked in position and can only vibrate,in liquids the atoms and molecules are loosely connected and can collide with and move past one another;and in gases the atoms and molecules are free to move independently,colliding frequently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 states of matter [ 17 Answers ]

I needinformation and examples of the 4th state of matter, solid liquid, gas, plasma..

Where did matter come from? [ 24 Answers ]

I have a general question to ask. I'm a big fan of the big bang theory, the general theory that everything in the universe today was in one hot and dense state, there was an explosion and subsequently matter spread out and the universe is expanding today but I was wondering where the matter came...

Does it matter? [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if I can wear yellow and white gold at the same time, because I got married recently and my husband brought me a gold ring. I don't know what to do because my husband said I should wear my ring even if I am wearing a yellow necklace.

What can I do in this matter [ 1 Answers ]

I need some assistance is this matter... I recently came across a property that has been vacant for some time and I did a little research on it. Come to find out that the owner, plus the person's relatives that were named administrators are deceased. The property owes thousands of dollars in...

Age matter [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 27 and my husband is 57 were together for 9 months and keep trying but still I'm not pregnant. Does my husband age matter?

View more questions Search