Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traylenm_101 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 06:08 PM
    How do become a singer?
    Hi, I'am Traylen Mountain and I was wandering how would I become a singer a solo singer I just would like to know that what do I need to do to start my singing career?
    Any tips , I need some help!:) :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2008, 06:15 PM
    Of course you will need voice lessons, and learn music.
    Next you will need to sing every chance you can get. Open mic nights, see about doing singing at events, from VFW monthly meeting, to the Elks club and so on. Also there are normally chances to sing at retirement or nusing homes.

Beyond that, you sing and sing every chance you can, and you are started.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 02:38 AM
    In addition to the answer above, it would be helpful to know what kinds of music it is that you would want to sing and also how old you are, if you wouldn't mind stating that here. Thanks!

Mar 29, 2008, 12:04 AM
    Rock/pop , I'am 13.
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2008, 01:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by traylenm_101
    rock/pop , i'am 13.
    Thank you for your answer! I have been out-of-town for a few days and haven't gotten back on the site until now.

Do you have a chorus and/or some kind of music program/classes where you go to school?

Apr 2, 2008, 10:02 PM
    No, I don't think so .
    I just moved where I'am living a couple of months and I hardly know my school.
    But I'll ask my principal.
    Thanks so much
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 12:35 AM
    Are you in the U.S. If you are, your age would put you in about the 7th grade. Is that correct? If you are in Junior High or Middle School, chances are that they don't have regular music classes except for like a chorus, band or orchestra. And, taking those courses would be elective. And, since you are new, you might not know everything that is available where you go to school. My point is that, I do understand and I'm glad that you are going to speak with the principal.

Perhaps there might be some show at the school that you could try out for and sing a solo? There might even be a musical theater presentation that you could also try out for and be able to sing in? Just some thoughts... Each school is different.

To truly get experience as a singer, it will be important for you to try many types of singing in order to just get experience singing. So, if there are opportunities at your school where they have something that you can sing in, it is important to take advantage of those opportunities. If you are around other singers, you will make connections and also network for other opportunities that might be out there somewhere.
    ubharedev Posts: 134, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 05:24 AM

Take a personal coaching first, you would come to know where u have to go...
    Join some musical group to keep u more entusiastic towards music...
    Go to the live shows...
    Take part in musical competition(just for confidence)...
    Keep self study of music by reading, surfing, etc...
    And bottom line is : Practise makes man perfect... so keep practising
    babii_kiki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 05:33 PM
    This should help you a lot.

First look in the newspapers,magazenes,and the internet.then if you don't see anything in the newspapers or in the magazenes,go on the computer and go to www.google.com.then type in how do I become a singer?the you will see lots of opshins.then if you don't see anything you like type in number for bad boy records.then scroll down until you find a number then type in telephone number for singing agencies.then once you get on that page scroll till' you find numbers then get a sheet of paper and write down those numbers.then call then see which one you can book.then try to find nmbers for vocal lessons and take those then you have to make a demo for the singing agency.after you make that send it in and then they will see if you can be a singer!wish me luck because I have to send in my demo and I hope they can accept me!<:)!well good luck!

Hugs&kisses(no homo),
    Kiara:)
    AsKaMii Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 10:07 PM

Hey chicky nothing is going to happen unless you do it... so the first thing you need to do is make people notice you and talk so go perform at a huge avent and call newspapers and perform for everyone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Singer Sewing Machine "singer merritt 4525" us a free motion foot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I saw one that's cleaver and free-motion sewing machine foot being use. My sewing machine is a singer merrit 4525. Can I use a free-motion foot on it? Also, Does anyone know a place online to get or lookat a free manual for that model? Thank for the help, Kathy Hamann

I want to be a singer [ 6 Answers ]

I am 11 years old I live in louisville ky and I really really really want to be a singer I sing everyday and wonder how I would ever get into the business so if someone knows what I can do at this age please help!

Looking for the singer [ 1 Answers ]

Iam looking for the singer who sings this song.It was put out before by bj. Thomas but that's not who sings it now.here are a few of the words;I may not be a rich man,I may not be that wise.If you expect a hero your in for a surprise but if your hoping I will love you everyday this world spins...

Who is the singer [ 1 Answers ]

What country & western artist sings "Life's a Beach"? Know the line dance but don't know the artist.

Who is the singer [ 2 Answers ]

1. Walk A Different Walk 2. To Be 3. Somebody Loves You

View more questions Search