Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    runnerchck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 04:46 AM
    New desktop, no signal to moniter
    I have recently purchased an Acer 20" Al2016WBBD widescreen moniter, and a HP Pavilion a1767c desktop and upon unpacking everything and plugging it in, there is no signal to the moniter. Everything is powered correctly, the tower makes no beeping sounds of any kind, the cable to the tower and moniter are definitely secure. When I turn on the tower the fan in back is definitely working, however when I turn on the moniter it flashes a no signal screen, and then goes blank and the light on the power button turns to orange. There is also a small latch on the back of the computer preventing me from opening it up to look inside and make sure everything is OK and I am at a loss for what to do
    HELP!
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2008, 07:39 AM
    Many of the problems on computers are drivers or settings

You don't know whether it worked before shipping

To test the monitor hook it up to another PC or laptop

Or if you can get another monitor test that PC for drivers

If another monitor works fine you have a bad monitor

If monitor works on another PC it may be a driver problem

Your computer was bounced around in shipping -- drop ship?

Video card may be need to be pulled -- out and plugged back in

Video card is where the monitor plugs into -- Good Luck!!
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2008, 09:26 PM
    Went to HP's site to find manuals for that computer. I saw on the get started poster that the manuals are all on the disk/computer, which is very useful if you can't see anything. But there's an upgrading and servicing guide that shows how to get the thing open. I got to this by searching your specific product, but obviously I have no idea whether this is really your computer or not:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00873755.pdf

Still waiting for the search at Acer to find your monitor... hum de dum dum...

What an awful site. I did find a user's guide and it has a very small troubleshooting section at the end, that doesn't really say anything that hasn't already been said. But I already went to the trouble of finding it :-) so may as well give you the link:

http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/dat...16Wx_UG_EN.pdf
    mr500 Posts: 181, Reputation: 8

Apr 4, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Either you have a bad monitor as stated, ((so swap it with a buddy or something to isolate if it's the PC pr monitor)) Also could be a bad card, WHICH you will now when you swap out the monitor. And third the cable from the PC could be bad as well.

Do a monitor swap as stated first then you'll see things clearly lol. Fastest way to go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to recycle Moniter? [ 5 Answers ]

:) Does anyone know where to get rid of a second hand moniter?when you replace your moniter what do you do with the old one?

How to moniter my network [ 4 Answers ]

Hi allof u :) I have a small network of fifty computer ,all computer is connected with internet. I want to moniter the downloading and uploading of every system ,I want to see the status Of which types of downloading is perform by any perticular system. Some time when any body download...

Moniter screen [ 3 Answers ]

Sometime my PC moniters colours changes itself like from normal colour to green colour. How do I solve it?

Moniter standby [ 14 Answers ]

I decided to clean my heat sync and fans before I attempted to unlock my Athlon to make sure that the cooling I got was sufficient. I removed all the IDE cables and unplugged all the power cables, took my motherboard out of the case so I could get at things more easily. Then I detached the sync...

Moniter Problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hey Guys, My moniter suddenly got this problem. It has all the vertical black lines moving too fast and continues because of which the display is fully blured. It is kind of continuous extensive flickering which makes viewing impossible. This thing was intermitent when the problem started two...

View more questions Search