Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2008, 04:56 AM
    I'm not done commenting here. Just need to get some sleep...
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2008, 07:42 AM
    I have a quick question...
    When we post a new picture, do we post it normally or will it go under your list on the first page, or is it just to be a continuation so others can see it? Thanks
    Jrebel, you got a beautiful electric flower, I love it. Really cool...
    I agree, I can't wait to see what Call is doingin 10 years!
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    That is really really neat that you took the time to do all that.
    as it was I always wondered how in the hey I was going to ever make time to look all through all them!

....You missed mine though :rolleyes: :(
    But I don't think I had them all linked to the post
    http://sapphiresart.50megs.com/photo3.html bottom 5 water color pencil

http://sapphiresart.50megs.com/photo2.html

http://sapphiresart.50megs.com/favorite_links.html water color pencil

oh it is computer art and water color pencil too.
    Just to let you know N0help4u, I did find your links on "The Artist in you!" thread, and will be including them in the index.
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    I have a quick question....
    When we post a new picture, do we post it normally or will it go under your list on the first page, or is it just to be a continuation so others can see it?? Thanks
    Jrebel, you got a beautiful electric flower, I love it. Really cool...
    I agree, I can't wait to see what Cal is doing in 10 years!
    Thank you for your question, starover22! It wasn't my intention that this thread be a completely new art thread that would be a continuation of some kind for "The Artist in you!" But, just one that would be an index and place for those who wished to continue to comment on the work that was done in "The Artist in you!" thread could continue to do so.

I wish that threads didn't have to be closed after reaching 1,500 posts. But, you know, with an index to the thread, maybe it's possible that exceptions can be made. Don't know about that though...

My goal/plans are to start a thread that will be all-inclusive to various types of artists. But, things still need to be worked out about that.

So many of us have formed a sort of "community" here and it would be good if that community could continue in some way with some sort of central thread/meeting/idea/sharing place. This would not preclude the starting of entirely new threads that are devoted to only specific types of art, or those that would like to share about their art, whatever it is, on an entirely different thread other than a central thread.

I have no problem with people posting duplicate images in different threads. That just adds to the richness and diversity to the threads without people having to do a lot of hunting for what they want because only links might be posted in a thread.

I think that indexes are important for people doing research, and should be centrally located as stickies.

I think that it's important for everyone to feel free to start whatever type of art thread that they would like to in the Art topic area.

I do suppose that on this thread here, that it would be appropriate to post new works, as long as they are related to those that are listed in the index. After all, it is meant to be an index...

This is the way that the fine work that was done on "The Artist in you!" thread could continue.

I do hope that everyone understands where I am going with all of this. It ain't easy to figure it all out!
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Apr 1, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Sew special are you all, I am so grateful that we are all sewn together :)
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 02:38 AM
    N0help4u, your links have how been added to the index.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 11:07 AM
    I don't have any pics of these to share because I used to make these as gifts and give away. I was talking to startover22 about a way to use aluminium cans in another post and I just remembered how I used to use them.

I would take coffee cans or veggie cans and take metal cutters and cut out different shapes. These cutters had ridges in them that would make the metal have ridges in them... so that I did not get cut. For instance I would cut out a large half circle from the bottom of a large can and then from a smaller can I would cut out smaller half circles and then I would paint all of them in the shape of a rainbow and write the letters of the person name on each small cut out and suspend it from the larger one stagering the cutouts. I would stager more than one heart or cloud etc... on the same dangling line or they could be hung straight across on the bottom of the larger piece. **edit I would take a nail and pound through the tin to make a hole to run the thread/wire through.

If I did not want to put anything I just left the pieces blank and painted them. Sometimes I would use little affirmations, poems etc... on them. It would be a small or large mobile. I would do clouds, birds, flowers, hearts, moons, sun etc... depending on what the person liked.
    I used wire, fishing line or metallic threads depending on how I wanted it to turn out. I mostly used arcylic paints and then put a clear finish on them for protection and to make them washable.

I just thought about these and wanted to share... I hope this post makes sense and you can envison my little craft project. ***Clough if this is not the right place to post this I'm sorry, feel free to delete or put in a recycling post or wherever you feel is appropriate.
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 11:42 AM
    bushg, have you got a picture, these sound great!
    I bet the kids would like to do these, at least my older ones would, they think my crafts are too "kiddie" this would be something nice for them and myself to do together!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 11:58 AM
    No. I wish I did. I used to do arts and crafts and give everything away. I used to do flower arrangements as well. The only things I have left are my bird houses that I painted and my impromtu painting I did on a piece of plywood with house paint and my fingers and a nail and some cheap brushes. I thought it turned out quite well... lol my daughter called it a finger painting. I will see if I can make one of those mobiles and take a pic and have one of my dear children post it. When my children are finished with my paychecks and they have finished college I am going to take an art class... in the mean time I will be happy looking at other peoples art.

Jrebel I just saw your leaf paintings after clough indexed this site and I was awed by them.
    Nohelp yours as well they were beautiful , in almost a magical way( poor description) I tried to give them a rep... but wasn't allowed.
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 12:35 PM
    A picture would be great!
    It also reminds me of a string of christmas lights, with tin cans with holes punched in them to let the light out as pretty as possible. We had them on our deck a long time ago!
    They would have been really great with deco or paint... Oh I am going to be very busy this summer. I just had a thought that these are great projects for the fall and winter time, and pull them out for a summer treat. All winter we can get ready for summer BBQ's and summer fun!
    Heehee, I hope my kids are on board with me through all of this! I will take pics too after I am done!
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 09:49 PM
    Clough
    What an awesome job you've done on this , magnificent!!

I have to admit I'm no good at these artist things , I have trouble drawing a stick man :-)

But hey that doesn't mean I can't come here and appreciate how talented some of the people are on here. Some awesome stuff here all of you.
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2008, 11:42 PM
    Thank you so much, friend4u178! Much appreciated! You are absolutely correct that even though some might not think that they are very talented at doing art in the visual sense, that they can still appreciate the art that is done by someone else! The way that a person appreciates something can also be an art in, and of itself. I do believe that, somewhere in you is also an artist in you, friend4u..

Please see my drawing on the following link. At least I tried... :o

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/art/ta...-195804-2.html
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Apr 24, 2008, 12:59 PM
    You did a great job Clough I love the new thread! ^.^ Especially how you posted all previously posted work. Well done! So how have you all been? I'm going through problems at home and so had no access to internet for a while now.
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Well hello, BiWiccanAndProud! It's so nice to hear from you again! We have been continuing on here in the artist's corner of this site, although things have slowed down some but show promise of gaining momentum because of some new people that have come on board.

Are you okay now?
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Apr 24, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Not really it's a bunch of family issues and they haven't really be solved but I'm sure they will soon or so I hope...
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2008, 02:19 AM
    Well, I'm sorry to hear that you're not totally okay! But, you do know that you have a bunch of friends here who do appreciate what you do, are like-minded and who will also be supportive of you and are here to offer there shoulders to lean on and give you advice that you might want if you want it concerning any issues about which you are having difficulty trying to figure out.

Capech? :)
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2008, 10:46 PM
    I just wanted to comment, that I find it really interesting and actually inspiring, that "The Artist in you!" thread as started by firmbeliever, continues to get more and more views every day, even though it has been a thread that has been closed for awhile now! :)
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 10:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I just wanted to comment, that I find it really interesting and actually inspiring, that "The Artist in you!" thread as started by firmbeliever, continues to get more and more views every day, even though it has been a thread that has been closed for awhile now! :)
    A very special friend I have made on this site made a tag for me to use on my e-mails that says, "LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE - Quote by Stella Adler

"The Artist in You" thread, along with the other wonderful art threads on this site have become a lifeline for me. I have met some wonderful people and been able to view some art work that has so inspired me and lifted my spirits at a time when I was at an all time low because of loss in my life.

The index you made, Clough, has only added a new dimension to that thread! Thank you again so much. I know that had to have taken eons of time. :)
    Uber Member

May 1, 2008, 01:03 AM
    Thanks, Jan! Because there is an obvious interest in the arts, I think that I am getting inspired enough to start "Artist's Central." Not a continuation of something else, but something entirely different!
    Uber Member

May 7, 2008, 02:29 AM
    Oh, my gosh! The post count for people viewing "The Artist in you!" thread is now at 21,072 as of this writing! That means an increase of about 1,000 in the past week or so. Darn good and popular thread! Thread is not dead, obviously!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who is the artist? [ 2 Answers ]

Boom, boom, boom. Let's go back to my room and we can party all night And I can make you feel right Boom Boom boom, etc. Who is the artist to this disco song?? Help! Thanks!:) :eek:

Where is the Artist in you? [ 188 Answers ]

"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere." (Tim McGraw) As a continuation of the Artist in you thread.... "Sometimes I look at a painting by another artist and I see a universal language that we're both trying to express. I...

The Artist in you! [ 1501 Answers ]

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his nature into his pictures." - Henry Ward Beecher For all those who are creative in art- Be it painting in acrylics,oils,guache,crayons, pencils,pen,ink or charcoal. Or any other medium We would love to see your art!

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

View more questions Search