Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mngirl530 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 01:49 PM
    Guardianship of my nephew
    I need to obtain legal guardianship of my nephew he is 15 and has been living with me since July do I need to get a lawyer or can I just file the necessary paperwork on my own? Also if I can do it on my own where do I find the paperwork I need. The guardianship will not be contested by a parent. I am in Minnesota
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2006, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mngirl530
    Also if I can do it on my own where do I find the paperwork I need.
    You can probably find it online. It would help to know where you are from so we might be able to find the appropriate link for you.
    nanie623 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2010, 11:45 AM

I have been raising my 4 month old nephew since he has came out of the hospital mom is not in his life my brother who is my nephews dad has custody of but won't give me no rights and he is not up to nothing good he does not provide nothing for my nephew I want to know what I can do get guardianship of my nephew.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guardianship [ 4 Answers ]

My mom is trying to get temp. guardianship of my nieces and nephew. But, doesn't know where to start or what to do. I need help.

Guardianship [ 2 Answers ]

I recently received a consent of guardianship form stating that my ex-wife is seeking guardianship for my 18 year old son. He lives in a home for disabled children. The consent form does not show that it has been filed through the court system. My question is: "Is this the proper way of seeking...

My 50 pound 2 year old nephew [ 4 Answers ]

I'm concerned about my 2 year old nephew he weighs 50 pounds is that normal. Oh and both his parents are overweight, and he's more flabby than he is muscle please give me suggestions.

Guardianship questions [ 6 Answers ]

My niece is 14 yrs old and has lived with her grandmother (her mother's mom) up until last year or maybe the year before. Her mother abandoned her and her father (my brother) wasn't able to take her in until just recently. My mother has also taken her from time to time. Now my brother can't...

View more questions Search