Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Farmerjohn692000 Posts: 63, Reputation: 8

Mar 26, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Toyota Celica Cruise Control
    The problem I am having is the cruise control will not turn on. If you turn the wheel to the left with the cruise control switch facing up it will turn on, but when it is facing the right it will not turn on. Any suggestions, or ideas of what the part that controls this on the steering column is called.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2008, 05:13 PM
    It's called the main switch. Most likely at fault, however, the clockspring which is the wiring for this in the steering column also could be the culprut. Most of the time, though, it's just the ground wire behind the airbag squib.
    Is the airbag light coming on at all?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 08:18 PM
    In order to check ground connection, the drivers side airbag must come off. To do this, disconnect battery. Wait 5 min. Pop the covers on each side of the steering wheel. There are 2 torx screws, T30 I believe, on each side. Loosen them till they just spin.
    Pull the airbag towards you and disconnect the yellow harness. That's the airbag wires and they're always yellow.
    Place the airbag on the pass floor facing upward for safety. Now, your cruise switch is in plain view. A black connector going to the clockspring, and a single ground wire with a male/female connection.
    Hawker22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2011, 05:44 AM
    Had the same problem with my 03 GT-S. Turned out it was one lead inside the clockspring. There are three leads going to the spring connector-2 from the CC control sw(red and white). and one(yellow) going to the gnd spade. Check the clockspring for continuity between all prongs(front to back connectors). Mine had no continuity on the red wire prong, so I moved that wire and its back side mate to the number 4 position, which was empty. That enabled the CC master to function again. CC works now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toyota Celica Body Kit [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Toyota Celica 98 model, sixth generation of Celicas. I want to "pimp" my car and add a sporty looking body kit on. Does anyone know a manufacturer/seller of body kits. Any ideas are welcome. If you have a pimped out car please post your car's photo.

Location of fuel filter 1996 toyota celica [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where the fuel filter on a 1996 Toyota Celica is located? Thanks, Halfabe:confused:

Celica engine swap [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if the 5SFE 2.2 Toyota engine can be replaced by a 4AFE 1.6 engine. Because I can get the GT car for nothing(bad engine) and I already have a smaller engine In a wrecked car

1990 toyota celica [ 1 Answers ]

Apparently they washed the motor and now the car won't start. I changed spark plugs, wires, cap & rotor. I have spark but I tested the injectors with the light tester and I have no signal on 2 cylinders. I'm not sure if maybe the distributor went bad. I also put some starting fluid in the breather....

View more questions Search