Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    challenge mather Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Preparing monthly cash statements
    How do you computer prior month purchases (dec) to get total material payments for Jan?

The Denver Corporation has forecast the following sales for the first seven months of the year:
    January $10,000 May $10,000
    February 12,000 June 16,000
    March 14,000 July 18,000
    April 20,000

Monthly material purchases are set equla to 30 percent of forecasted sales for the next month. Of the total material cost, 40 percent are paid in themonth of purcahse and 60 percent in the following month. Labor costs will run $4,000 per month, an fixed overhed is $2,000 per month. INterest payments on the debt will be $3,000 for both March and June. Finally, the Denever sales force will receive a 1.5 percent commission on total sales for the first six months the year, to be paid on June 30.

Prepare monthly summary of cash payments for the six month period from Jan - June.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2008, 08:01 PM
    You calculate December's purchases the same way you would the rest of the months. You don't need the sales for December, since purchases are based on the next month's sales. i.e. it's 30% of January's sales.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adjusting accounts and preparing financial statements [ 2 Answers ]

The office supplies account started the year with a $4,000 balance. During 2008, the company purchased supplies for $13,400, which was added to the office supplies account. The inventory of supplies available at December 31,2008, totaled $2,554.

Preparing a cash budget example for accounting [ 1 Answers ]

How do you prepare a cash budget? I need to work out a problem in my accounting class and I don't know how to set up the problem? Can anyone help me? This is the question: Schafer Company expects to have a cash balance of 46,000 dollars on Jan. 1, 2007... These are the relevant monthly budget...

Preparing common size income statements [ 1 Answers ]

How do you prepare common size income statements?

There does not seem to enough cash to cover the monthly expenses [ 3 Answers ]

There does not seem to enough cash to cover the monthly expenses. Zero balances and bounced checks (covered by bank) seem to be common. There are times when my checks are deposited (direct) and all it does is cover the checks already written. Our bank has charged us several hundred dollars in...

Preparing statements [ 2 Answers ]

I need to prepare a multiple-step income statement, a statement of retained earnings, and a classified balance sheet for the year ended December 31, 2002. Here is the information I was provided. (millions, except per share data) 2002 Accounts payable 619.0 Accounts receivable, net 741.0 ...

View more questions Search