Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moyenda Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Mar 26, 2008, 06:10 AM
    Boot off the cd
    Hey'yall

Toshiba Laptop Satellite L20-181 Model, can it boof off external media e.g DVD drive or USB.. is there like an update to facilitate that option ? I can't recover the laptop from its recovery-cd's because the optical media doesn't seem to be working ! Toshiba suggest I take the machine to them,

Any suggestion ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2008, 06:15 AM
    You may have two options: during boot-up you may bee an option that allows you to one-time select the boot device (can be F12) or you ma have to enetrt he BIOS and change the boot order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My new PC won't boot [ 4 Answers ]

hi there I just built a new PC. Everything seems to be correctly connected but the PC won't boot. The motherboard's light is blinking whilw trying to turn it on. I thought for a moment it could be an insufficient power supply but even when I unplugged the extra sata hdd and a 2 gb ram barret the...

I can't boot from CD [ 9 Answers ]

I tried booting from thecd but I cant. I wanted to do XP system repair. It doesn't give the option... I even checked on the BIOS to see if it is the first and the computer is reading the CD drive. Can you help me...

Cannot boot from CD [ 5 Answers ]

I have a bunch of spyware that no program I've tried can get rid of, so I've decided to start from scratch and format. As I understand it I need to boot from my XP cd to do this, here's the problem. The CD-ROM drive that the computer came with is stuck, it turns out. There's an audio CD in it...

Boot [ 2 Answers ]

My PC HP Compaq dx 6120 which has windows xp professional operating system does not start up or boot.When I dried to boot it beeps and followed by red light indicate at the right side near the start burton.How can I solve these problem? In Addition the beeps occur 25 times(five times then pauses...

Boot linux from an external hard drive dual boot? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I boot linex from an external hard drive dual boot. How do I do it ?

View more questions Search