Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nuzhat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 05:19 AM
    Applying a spouse visa for my hubby
    Will my spouse (husband) have to give an english test or interview before he gets his visa from pakistan to united kingdom.and is the law changing for spouse visa's.I have heard a lot of stuff about the new law that is coming in April.im really worried because his english is quit pore. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/icons/icon9.gif
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 26, 2008, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nuzhat
    will my spouse (husband) have give an english test or interview befor he gets his visa from pakistan.and is the law changing for spouse visa's.
    Depends on where he wants to go to. But that seems to be worldwide the new way to go.
    And logically so : if you do not speak the language of the country where you go to, how can you succeed there? The test is there to check if you speak the language sufficiently.
    Here in Europe you neither will get a "green card" without speaking the language of the country you go to properly.
    As the spouse most probably will work too, she also has to be tested on language.
    If she can't, how would she be able to intergrate in the new country?
    Note that nobody expects you or your spouse to speak English perfectly. Nobody expects your English to be of official translation quality.
    Most Americans I know from the Internet would fail woefully if they had to pass a proper English test!
    Success!
    ;)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 2, 2008, 05:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nuzhat
    will my spouse (husband) have to give an english test or interview befor he gets his visa from pakistan to united kingdom.and is the law changing for spouse visa's.i have heard alot of stuff about the new law that is coming in april.im really worried because his english is quit pore. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/icons/icon9.gif
    A reaction to an answer is always much appreciated, even if it does not solve your specific problem...
    :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Expired B1 B2 Spouse applying for W7 [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am a US citizen and after spending 2 years working abroad in Hong Kong while my boyfriend is a citizen there, I decide it was time to come back to my life. My boyfriend came with me to the US on a B1 B2 visa, and we decided to get married Oct 2007. We've handed papers off to lawyers to get...

H-1 applying for Green card. Spouse H4 or F1? [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently on H-1 visa. I got married last year 2007 in my home country. My wife has applied to do graduate school here, and will be coming this August 2008. Also, my company will be applying green card for me and my spouse once she is in US. The question here is whether my spouse should get...

Expired B1 B2 Spouse applying for W7 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am a US citizen and after spending 2 years working abroad in Hong Kong while my boyfriend is a citizen there, I decide it was time to come back to my life. My boyfriend came with me to the US on a B1 B2 visa, and we decided to get married Oct 2007. We've handed papers off to lawyers to get...

Canadian immigrant applying for US spouse Visa [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Canadian Immigrant and will be giving my citizenship test this year by the and of July , 2007. My husband has got a H1 (work Visa) in America and heis working with Nokia in, Dallas. Am I eligible to get US spouse Visa on the basis of my husband from Canada?

View more questions Search