Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mcleod Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 04:48 AM
    Laminate Flooring Planks Not Flat
    Hi there

I am laying a laminate floor myself. The planks came wrapped and pakaged they are not flat. When taken from the pakaging there is a slight bow/sag in them. Will this affect the laying of the floor? Will it flaten out? Any comments or suggestions would be appriciated.

Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 26, 2008, 07:42 AM
    I would not install this material. Take it back to the store or call the manufacturer to check on warranty. When laminates warp they don't warp back and stay there. This flooring has gptten wet and is unusable.
    Mcleod Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 09:27 PM
    Hi Ballen

Took your advise called the store explained the situation and they agreed to replace the whole lot... they also checked the remainder of their stock which they also found to be warrped. Back with a new floor... will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 27, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Glad they stood behind the product. They may have gotten a whole delivery that got rained on, now its junk. Carefully inspect the next batch, open packaging and allow to acclimate in the house for several day. If any piece warps take it all back, again and try another store.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate flooring [ 14 Answers ]

I need help! We had about 500 square feet of extra thick laminate installed in the entruway to our master bedroom, the hallway, two walk-in closets and the bathroom vanity area. The laminate was placed upon an underlay called "Floormuffler". Immediately after the installation, we experienced a...

Last row of laminate floor does not lay flat [ 6 Answers ]

We can not get the last row (2.5 inches wide) to lay flat. The piece does not snap in. We are using a Shaw laminate that is approx. 7.5 in wide and 47.5 in long. We have tried using a mallet and bar to no avail. Is there a trick that we are not using? Should we trim off the bottom part that...

Laminate Flooring [ 7 Answers ]

I need help... I am trying to figure out what is the best brand for me to buy between a 7mm quickstep and a 12mm St James brand. I was told that the 7mm quick step was such a good product that I could go lower in the thickness and it would be just as good as 12mm with other brands. Does anybody...

Laminate flooring [ 1 Answers ]

I am just about to lay laminate flooring in my conservatory, unfortunately the conservatory is a hexagonal shape, I was wondering how I would get straight joins on the laminate when I get to my change of angle within the conservatory, would I need to mitre the joints or measure the angle of the...

Laminate flooring [ 5 Answers ]

I am considering installing laminate flooring in my house. My doubt is that we have two dogs and a cat. One of which has accidents. Is laminate flooring better in the long run than carpet, as far as the care and life?

View more questions Search