Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    applehead2007 Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2008, 10:13 PM
    Should I approach him?
    I went on a date with this guy a few weeks ago. He is a marine, and we went on the date one week before he had to leave for training (a 3-week camp).

Anyway, the date went very well, and he said he thought I was great; he even mentioned going out again, and that he would call me. The next day, I got a text... we texted for a while, and then he sent me a message that he was going to stay in that night and read. He said this AFTER initially suggesting going out, so I was a little miffed. He is very flirty with his texts, so I felt kind of dissed after playing along for a while with his jokes.

The next day I called him and left a message on his cell to call me later. Again, I got a text... we texted back and forth, and suddenly he stopped responding to the texts. No phone call, though.

Later that night, around midnight, I got a text to meet him at a bar in a nearby town. This time, I let him know (via text, of course!) that I was upset with him and that I was not a booty call. He responded very sincerely that he was interested, he did not see me like that, but he didn't know how to handle the situation since he was leaving soon. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and said to call me the next day and let's start over.

No call the next day.

The following morning he calls me to inform me he is in the area and wanted to meet for lunch like right then. I was short on the phone with him, telling him I had to work and I was going to the gym before working, so I could not meet him.

I felt guilty later, so I texted him in the afternoon "guess i need to relax a little, haha. want to hang out tomorrow?"

4 hours later, he responded: "hey that would be great, but family is coming over tomorrow and we're having dinner. sorry"

I told him I understood and if I didn't see him before his trip, good luck w/ training. No response. He left for training a few days later.

He is coming back home this week. On Saturday I might see him at a friend's party. I am nervous. I like this guy but I feel jerked around. Am I misreading his signals, or is this whole thing pretty much over already? Should I go up to him at the party if he's there? Are there any signs I should look for to see if he is/is not interested?

What's the deal? Help!
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2008, 10:47 PM
    First I must say I am proud of him for being a marine and being willing to serve in the military. I take nothing from him in that area of respect.

I am not a relationship expert by a long shot but I would suggest you go to the party, if you see him, speak, ask him how he has been doing, give a nice smile, excuse yourself and move on to visiting with others.

No lack of response on his part would be my big red flag to steer clear.

My opinion is that he has already mistreated and disrespected you. No need to be unkind to him but also no need to place yourself in a position to be treated that way again. Too many other guys out there who are kind and caring and keep their word about calling, etc.

I would not entertain thoughts of dating this one. Best to you!
    applehead2007 Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2008, 07:33 AM
    Thanks, and yes, I agree it isn't hard to call when you say you will. It seems like guys are taking a while to grow up these days! Arrgh! I will do as you suggest and just be polite and move on. Thanks again!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 26, 2008, 07:37 AM
    You may be more interested than he is. If a guy wants your attention, you'll know. He isn't that interested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who do I first approach [ 2 Answers ]

:) hello all, my name is peter and I have been in the health sector for around 7 yrs now and presently employed by the nhs as a duty officer with learning disabilities, I am considering starting a care agency and would truly appreciate all the advise you can give me as so that I can provide the...

Seeing ex girlfriend again this week. How best to approach it? [ 1 Answers ]

I'll be seeing my ex for the first time since she broke up with me in a few days. We were together for about 2 years and she broke up with me about 2 weeks ago. While I've have very little contact with her (or none if you don't count poking on Facebook as contact). I think I've been through the...

Do Nothing Approach [ 6 Answers ]

I recently read the "do nothing" about unsecured credit card debt approach is the best way for some people. I used credit cards to be a stock trader made a lot of profits the first year. Since then I tried to day trade when my last job ended and day trading is harder than holding... so I lost...

How to approach Girls [ 32 Answers ]

I need tips on how to approach girl you don`t know and start a conversation with her, getting along and make her easy going... I am shy guy and hardly can take the first step... I really hate to get embarresed or something so I wouldn`t risk my chances there unless am sure of hunt.

View more questions Search