Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aliboosh Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 12:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    If God is all, if all things are possible in Gods world, isn't God evil too? Our limited mortal definition of evil, anyway. If God is everything, then He must be all that I hate as well as all that I love. Right?

Tell me what your views are, please.
    I guess that means he must be male amd female. And I guess that means god must be you too. That poises another Question-if you understand yourself will you then understand god?
    jrwild62 Posts: 111, Reputation: 2
    -

Sep 3, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Fisrt off, I am an atheist. I have read the bible more than most Christians. There are many sites for this. God said, "I created everything". God also said, "I created evil". So you can assume that God created hell. Not a very good guy if you ask me. If you want to know the truth,, READ THE BIBLE!! The first 5 pages of it will probably send you away screaming in terror. It is full of nothing but murder, torture, baby killing, cruelty, the wrath of God, and every unimaginable horror that you can think of.
    I have a question,, Have you ever even once worked on Sunday? YOU are going to hell for all of eternity. Thanks, but no thanks.
    Aliboosh Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 09:26 PM
    Most people don't realise that the bible is a mythology and that mythology is just a metaphor for the human psyche. When the say that god is omnipresent, they mean that the universe is whole and the separation of objects is just an illusion. Therefore if you can completely understand your psyche you can understand how everything is connected and therfore understand and be one with the godhead.
    Taking this back to the origonal qustion about god and evil- if god is all and you ARE god then you must understand and forgive the evil actions if others and accept the evil in the wold to fully understand yourself, every humanbeing is capable of evil if presented with the right circumstances.(no I wasn't kidding just pesenting it as a possiblity)
    -

Oct 4, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliboosh View Post
    Most people don't realise that the bible is a mythology and that mythology is just a metaphor for the human psyche. When the say that god is omnipresent, they mean that the universe is whole and the separation of objects is just an illusion. therefore if you can compleatly understand your psyche you can understand how everything is conected and therfore understand and be one with the godhead.
    Taking this back to the origonal qustion about god and evil- if god is all and you ARE god then you must understand and forgive the evil actions if others and accept the evil in the wold to fully understand yourself, every humanbeing is capable of evil if presented with the right circumstances.(no I wasn't kidding just pesenting it as a possiblity)
    Now that I agree with. I think the Bible is mythology and not a literal text. But if people use it as a guide for happiness and an article of faith, no one can argue with you. As long as you skip over all the violent parts filled with torture and killing babies, there is a certain guidance for personal happiness. But of course, any book by Dr Wayne Dyer can be a giude to happiness. Speaking of happiness,, I can sum it up very briefly. 'Live' in the present moment. What happened a minute ago, is gone. What happens a minute from now, hasn't happened yet. So 'live' in the moment. Sit back and think about that for one second... get it? It's very simple. I wish I could apply that to my life also. It is the hardest thing to achieve in ones life, but at the same time, the easiest. Confused? So am I. As they say, take time out to smell the flowers.
    The basis for all unhappiness is centered around the past and the future. 'LIVE' in the moment. Words of inspiration, by Jim :-)
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2008, 10:51 PM

Good and Evil are part of one another, integral to our psyche, not good and bad, they just are. Acceptance of both, being exactly as they were meant to be in the present moment is the road to peace and freedom for some. We are all one. Ours is not a better way, merely a different way.
    -

Oct 4, 2008, 11:04 PM

That was a plain as you could possibly get. 'They just are' is a bland statement. It comes full circle into nothing.
    But I agree that we are all one. The really weird thing about all our atoms being connected. So maybe your statement does hold substance. Come to think of it, it makes sense in a practical manner. OK, I will not argue with that.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Oct 5, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrwild62 View Post
    Now that I agree with. I think the Bible is mythology and not a literal text. But if people use it as a guide for happiness and an article of faith, no one can argue with you. As long as you skip over all the violent parts filled with torture and killing babies, there is a certian guidence for personal happiness. But of course, any book by Dr Wayne Dyer can be a giude to happiness. Speaking of happiness,,, I can sum it up very briefly. 'Live' in the present moment. What happened a minute ago, is gone. What happens a minute from now, hasn't happened yet. So 'live' in the moment. Sit back and think about that for one second............................. get it? It's very simple. I wish I could apply that to my life also. It is the hardest thing to achieve in ones life, but at the same time, the easiest. Confused? So am I. As they say, take time out to smell the flowers.
    The basis for all unhappiness is centered around the past and the future. 'LIVE' in the moment. Words of inspiration, by Jim :-)
    You are right on the money with this. Read Eckhart Tolle's book, "The Power of Now". It is all about living in the present. It is a challenge and takes a conscious effort.
    -

Oct 5, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    You are right on the money with this. Read Eckhart Tolle's book, "The Power of Now". It is all about living in the present. It is a challenge and takes a conscious effort.
    The 'Power Of Now' sounds like what I need. Thank you for thre referance. I'm sure you are familiar with 'Wayne Dyer' also.
    Of couse it's easy to read the words, but how does one apply it? That dern brain stem!

OK.., Bob Newhart was on Saturday night Live many years ago doing a skit. He was the shrink in the office. Client walks in... Tells Bob Newhart that she had all kinds of problems and misery. He tells her that his sessions last about 5 seconds and cost $5 a pop. He stands up and says in a loud voice, STOP IT!! End of advice. He repeats this a few times... blah, blah.
    I want to write a book and sell 10,000,000 of them. The book will be titled, "How to negate negitive thinking and just be happy". The entire book is 2 words long. STOP IT. Did I say easier said than done? But think of the simplicy of it all.

For a very few of you, something just snapped into focus,, Some will have to think about that for awhile,, and some will think I am insane.

Even Frank should like this one, lol.
    Opinions, Please~~~~~~~~~~~~
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2008, 02:34 PM

Stop it, just stop doing that! It's frequently too simple for those of us who immediately begin thinking about what we are saying we want to stop. Then we begin to talk and rationalize and analyze. STOP IT.

We just are. We are being. Perhaps that is bland compared to the drama we like to create but that is all we can do, be. I think it's enough when I am not thinking how I can BE better than someone else. Wish I would STOP IT and live in the moment all the time.

We aren't raised to believe that we are all connected, that atoms belong to everything and to just be. We know it on an "atomic" level but think our way out of it.
    Flute09 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 02:06 PM

God is not everything. There is one thing God cannot do: sin. Evil is sin, therefore, God is not evil!
    TennisCountry Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2008, 01:09 PM

Christians and Jews believe that God is the great entity or "Great He". God is the Alpha & Omega.However,our concept of God depends on our personal spirituality,development of understanding of the theology in which we have experienced through the course of our lives. Regardless,Christians and Jews believe God is the almighty creator of all that has been,will be, and is.I personally do not blame the evils of the world on God.I do thank God for the mysteries of life and bounties. I personally believe that God has given many life-forms free will.Whats great is humans have intelligence to make choices good or bad choices! It is my belief tha God does what is necessary.Not because its right or wrong,but because it is what is in the great creators divine framework. As humans we seem to need balance and order.We question things when they do not go our ways.I never question God.I pray that the world become a kinder and safer place. As for the heaven and hell thing.. I'm in limbo with* No pun intended*.Good luck in your journey in discovering the answer to your questions about the divine father.

Peace to you,Tennis Country

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is 50% good + 50% evil=God? [ 164 Answers ]

Is50% good+50% evil=God? I ask this because every thing has an opposite answer this I am confused.

Evil old navy... [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knows the name of the song in the new old navy commercial "spring loves stripes". A woman sings it and the chorus goes " daddio, daddio" a few times... Its stuck in my head for hours after I see the commercial so I figure it would make sense for me to at least know...

Evil spyware [ 6 Answers ]

I have decided to run some tests of the main spyware removal tools: Adaware, spybot, xoftspy, Micro$oft AS, trend housecall, etc. So what do you consider the worest spy/ad/malware out there? Also are there any other tools I should try? :D

View more questions Search