Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TINKERBELL2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Inheritance and bankruptcy
    My dad is in bankruptcy and is going to receive an inheritance next week. He was told that he will not get it that it will all go to the bankruptcy. He filed a chapter 13 and is paying everything back. It will be paid off in 8 months. I am trying to help him research this. Any advise would be appreciated.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2008, 06:08 PM
    A windfall received during a bankruptcy will normally go to paying debts.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 06:26 PM
    Yes and why not, he owes his debts and this gives him the money to do it. *** does sort of make him wish he had filed a chapter 7 instead?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy and possible inheritance [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am at a loss as to what to do. I've been preparing to file for bankruptcy for over a month. I just found out I'm due an inheritance probably around June or July, the estate is now in probate but I have no idea when I should expect the money. How long does an estate usually take...

Inheritance [ 3 Answers ]

I would like find out what inheritance of divorced couples and one is re-married:confused:If my pension will be divided between two husband even #1 not in my will?

Bankruptcy & insurance settlement, inheritance [ 2 Answers ]

I began the process of filing for bankruptcy - saw a lawyer, did the paperwork, paid him. I'm now in the process of doing the education certificate and other requirements. My car was totaled two weeks ago, and the insurance company will be settling for the total loss -- it's not a huge amount,...

Bankruptcy and cash inheritance [ 4 Answers ]

I filed bancrupty on 9/27/05 and will be receiving a cash inheritance around 1/20/06. Will my bankruptcy trustee be able to find out about this? If so, how will he get that information?

View more questions Search