Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    action jackson Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2006, 04:33 AM
    Traffic light
    I'm trying to re wire a traffic light and I'm wondering how I get it to switch back and forth between the red green and yellow lights. I don't need them to go in order and I would like about 2 seconds between each light. Any help would be great thanks.:)
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2006, 11:35 AM
    A timer device is what is used to make the lights switch on and off, and blink.

I have used this company many times, here is one of there catologs :

http://www.abb-control.com/timerscat/ss3-section.htm

A section on flasher devices as follows:

http://www.abb-control.com/timerscat/Sect6.pdf

There are many to chose from, you should have no problem finding what you need. Many of these parts are sold through Grainger.

Once you discover exactly what you need to make your project work ,I believe that Radio Shack may carry something in the same line.

If you have any more questions get back with them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Website traffic [ 6 Answers ]

What is the best way to get FAST website traffic without spending a fortune on pay per click?

93 Mitsubishi Overheats in Traffic [ 2 Answers ]

My 93 Mitsubishi Expo runs good until I get stuck in traffic. Then it has a tendency to overheat especially in extended stop and go traffic. I checked the water and anti-freeze and it's okay. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

Traffic light again [ 2 Answers ]

So I managed to get my hands on this traffic light and I posted orignianlly about how I might go about getting them to flash in some specific order. Now I just want them to flash randomly. Each of the 3 lights has its own hot wire and then there is a neutraul wire connected to all three. I just...

Traffic incident [ 7 Answers ]

I recently backed up into a car slightly. I didn't think anything of it so I left. The police arrested me but did not read me my rights and they still handcuffed me and took me to jail. My insurance has lapsed but I know it was my fault. Also, these other people I think are trying to claim they...

Using Traffic Exchange web sites [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to start using Traffic Exchange web sites to promote my Internet marketing business. When I put "Internet marketing traffic exchanges" into Google, I found Over 4,000,000 pages! Can anyone help me to choose the best ones, or suggest sites that have worked well for you in the...

View more questions Search