Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slange13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Release funds in a frozen account
    If anyone can help it would be great. I have a bank account that has been frozen by the courts for a judgement that was entered against me. After the judgement was entered against me I filed bankruptcy. This judgement was included in my bankruptcy. I want to get the funds out of this account the bank told me I need to ask the judge to release the funds. I called the court and they said I need to petition the judge to release the funds but I don't know how to go about this. Can anyone please help?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2008, 12:52 PM
    The judgment is the 'result' of a case brought by a plaintiff/creditor, who claimed you owed something. Then, the plaintiff/creditor filed a garnishment or levy against the bank. You need to provide the plaintiff/creditor with a notice of filing of bankruptcy, and include your case number and date of filing if you can't provide/attach some other notice of filing. At that point, the plaintiff/creditor should dismiss or release the garnishment or levy, and you can get your funds.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Hello slang:

Write the judge a letter asking him to release the funds and ask him to consider your letter a petition. Send a copy to the plaintiff's lawyer too. Send your letters certified, return receipt requested.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen account [ 1 Answers ]

My account was frozen due to a credit card the ex and I had how or can I open a checking account some other bank just to cash checks?

Leaving funds in US account [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I will be moving to the US from the UK on an H1-B visa for a job that lasts 3 years. At the end of that period, I expect to have saved a sum of money in a US bank account. My question is this: Am I allowed to keep a bank account open in the US under my name when I leave permanently and,...

Garnished bank account funds [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas. In 1999 I had a business that failed. One company that I owed filed a judgement. Now I have been told by my bank that my bank account funds have been garnished, from said judgement. According to Texas Law only tax levies can garnish a bank account. I have filed and signed a letter...

View more questions Search