Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 03:06 AM
    Infection while getting crown
    My husband is in middle of getting a crown fitted. Last week he felt ill and now after he came down with a high fever we found that his gums/tongue/mouth is infected.

Is this normal?
    Can this be caused by the hygiene of the dentist.

The dentist claims -- trust him -- and take the antibiotic and it will be fine but were nervous about going ahead with the crown after this happened -- does anyone have any experience with this?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2006, 03:36 AM
    Oral infections are not uncommon. You do need to take the antibiotics to kill the infection and get the crown finished.

Yes, it could have been caused by the dentist but confirming or proving it would be difficult if not impossible.

I suggest if you like him - and he's reputable - stick with him. If you have other reasons for doubting him, then have another dentist finish the job.
    alb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 04:05 AM
    Any experience how long it will take for the infection to heal?
    Do we have to worry about the infection returning?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2006, 05:08 AM
    Oral infections usually take longer to heal than other typical infections. You'll probably get a 10-15 day prescription.

As for it's returning, I would not worry about it - but schedule the finishing of the crown as soon to after the last day of the prescription as you can to be sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with yeast infection [ 6 Answers ]

I am 24 years old and I have been having a recurring yeast infection for the past 5 months. It first started when I was on some antibiotics. I went to my doctor and they prescribed monistat. It cleared the infection up within a week. However, about 5 weeks later, around my period, my infection...

Infection? [ 3 Answers ]

SEX I started seeing someone that I really like! We've moved into a sexual relationship! This is my FIRST real sexual relationship, but not his. It's been about three weeks and we've had sex at several times a week! Now I'm itching like crazy! It's not the whole area just the area around the...

Penis Infection [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Please help me as I don't no as wots wrong with my penis, it started feeling itch and I itched it and then the next day the forsking tip got very dry and had some white stuff on it and when I tried pulling the forskin it got very painful and I got small cuts which wer burning and under the...

Ear infection [ 6 Answers ]

My dog has an ear infection and the vet prescribed some ear drops. I was wondering if what Labman suggested for cleaning the ears can be done easily or should I have someone show me first then do it on my own. I really would hate to screw up his hearing or balance in case I poke something in the...

Help Urine Infection [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a urine infection (well think that's what it is) it hurts when I pee (at end of pee not whole way thru) I first noticed this on the 1st and went to doctors and got some antibiotics, took them and it got better but just today noticed it seems to have come back. WHAT THE? Should I wait a...

View more questions Search