Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmExp Posts: 330, Reputation: 11

Mar 25, 2008, 01:14 PM
    Out of the blue or calculated?
    BACKGROUND INFORMATION:

I was with a guy for 7 months (off and on). He was 30 and I was 21 ( I am currently 22). At the end of the relationship I knew he used me, played games with me, and I am sure other things I am not certain of. I took care of him and treated him like a king. I spent A LOT of money on this guy. I treated us to romantic nights at the Ritz, Marriott, or whatever else I could think of. I am used to this lifestyle and wanted to share it with my Ex. I was young, naïve, and innocent. He had street smarts and an understanding of life and people which I had not experienced. While we were together (off and on) his cousin was also heavily involved in our relationship. His cousin was also his best friend. I feel as though his cousin tried to play the "good guy role". When my EX and I would have fights, his cousin would come to rescue and try to console me and give me advice on the type of person my Ex was. The cousin even went as far as trying to seduce me after my ex had called it quits for a few days ( I DID NOT TAKE THE BATE) and when I said I would not get involved his cousin became angry and said that my EX "doesn't care about me and probably never will." (I knew it was the truth but it hurt).

I went on winter break from college and he wouldn't return my phone calls or anything. A month passed and I called him and his phone turned off... like an idiot I turned it back on again thinking he would want to be with me. I was wrong. I was so mad at him for still not talking to me and avoiding me and not makng time to talk with me I had his phone cut off. My EX ended up changing his number and cutting off contact with me. I wrote my EX a long letter which explained my feelings, how he treated me, and other things. I felt as though it was closure or so I thought...

His cousin and I are "friends" on a certain networking site. I decided to delete him from my friends list because I was trying to elimate possible contact with either of them. However, I got a friend request from his cousin again followed by a message which led to back and forth conversations online. I had not spoke to my EX since January and same with his cousin. All of a sudden last week I received a phone call from his cousin because of a statement I had made in one of my emails about being "dating someone" which was not true by the way. I let the call to go voicemail and the cousin had stated that "he was seeing how I was doing and apologized for some of the things he said. He was happy to hear about my new "relationship" and he got a brand new BMW (whatever) and then mentioned my relationship AGAIN"

QUESTIONS:

Was this phone call calculated or out of the blue? Is his cousin/best friend a PAWN to report my status? What's the issue with my ex... I am confused about the entire thing. I had not initiated ANY contact with him for 3 months but all of a sudden I get a phone call from my EX's cousin which is strange to me. HELP! Please!
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Mar 25, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanExpress
    BACKGROUND INFORMATION:

I was with a guy for 7 months (off and on). He was 30 and I was 21 ( I am currently 22). At the end of the relationship I knew he used me, played games with me, and I am sure other things I am not certain of. I took care of him and treated him like a king. I spent A LOT of money on this guy. I treated us to romantic nights at the Ritz, Marriott, or whatever else I could think of. I am used to this lifestyle and wanted to share it with my Ex. I was young, naive, and innocent. He had street smarts and an understanding of life and people which I had not experienced. While we were together (off and on) his cousin was also heavily involved in our relationship. His cousin was also his best friend. I feel as though his cousin tried to play the "good guy role". When my EX and I would have fights, his cousin would come to rescue and try to console me and give me advice on the type of person my Ex was. The cousin even went as far as trying to seduce me after my ex had called it quits for a few days ( I DID NOT TAKE THE BATE) and when I said I would not get involved his cousin became angry and said that my EX "doesn't care about me and probably never will." (I knew it was the truth but it hurt).

I went on winter break from college and he wouldn't return my phone calls or anything. A month passed and I called him and his phone turned off...like an idiot I turned it back on again thinking he would want to be with me. I was wrong. I was so mad at him for still not talking to me and avoiding me and not makng time to talk with me I had his phone cut off. My EX ended up changing his number and cutting off contact with me. I wrote my EX a long letter which explained my feelings, how he treated me, and other things. I felt as though it was closure or so I thought...

His cousin and I are "friends" on a certain networking site. I decided to delete him from my friends list because I was trying to elimate possible contact with either of them. However, I got a friend request from his cousin again followed by a message which led to back and forth conversations online. I had not spoke to my EX since January and same with his cousin. All of a sudden last week I received a phone call from his cousin because of a statement I had made in one of my emails about being "dating someone" which was not true by the way. I let the call to go voicemail and the cousin had stated that "he was seeing how I was doing and apologized for some of the things he said. He was happy to hear about my new "relationship" and he got a brand new BMW (whatever) and then mentioned my relationship AGAIN"

QUESTIONS:

Was this phone call calculated or out of the blue? Is his cousin/best friend a PAWN to report my status? What's the issue with my ex...I am confused about the entire thing. I had not initiated ANY contact with him for 3 months but all of a sudden I get a phone call from my EX's cousin which is strange to me. HELP! Please!

Don't waste your time hun! He changed his number, he avoided you, you allowed him to use you, don't go there again. As for the cousin, cut the cord with him too.. Do you really want to be involved with these people. He wasn't even man enough to give you closure... You have one life to live, and try to live it drama free, You seem like a smart girl.. so ignore the games, move on with your life, because I don't see by either one being your friend is in any way beneficial... The cousin wants an update, could be trying to hit on you... I wouldn't be surprised if he tried.

Mar 25, 2008, 08:56 PM
    Thanks for your advice!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 26, 2008, 05:59 AM
    The best break, is a clean one, with no ties to the past, or the ex. Look forward, and avoid any confusion, games, or drama.

Mar 26, 2008, 10:05 AM
    Good point! Thanks
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Mar 26, 2008, 10:12 AM
    Calculated all the way. Do you enjoy being a piece of dog-siht, a twit, a bird-brain, a fool, the numb-scull, the easy hit, on and on... you need a brother who can talk with these jerks and if you don't have a brother maybe a sister. What about your SAT scores? Sorry, I need to have a smoke...

Mar 26, 2008, 10:32 AM
    I am an only child... and I am not an idiot. My SAT scores do not prepare me for life experiences...
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Mar 26, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AmExp
    I am an only child...and I am not an idiot. My SAT scores do not prepare you for life experiences...
    YOU ARE 100% RIGHT... Let's find statictable and remove one or 2 of his legs...

Mar 26, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Uhhh you said that comment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How are Bonus Taxes Calculated [ 11 Answers ]

Are federal taxes on Company paid Annual bonuses calculated @ 25%? My Payroll department says that federal law requires the 25% tax.

Why is the sky blue? [ 7 Answers ]

Why is the sky blue?:cool:

How taxes are calculated for a person on L1 in Washington State [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know how taxes are calculated for people on L1 in Washington state. I would like to know the break up of SSN, Medical Tax and the Federal Tax if any. Suppose for example I get 5K per month what would be my monthly tax. With best regards, Vivek Sinha

View more questions Search