Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 04:32 PM
    Bottom line, if you don't want another child then use birth control. Don't forget to take your pill, maybe use a condom as well so that you can be sure.

Carelessness when using birth control results in pregnancy.

I wish you the best and hope it turns out the way you want.
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Mar 25, 2008, 04:35 PM
    If you can't remember to take your birth control pills maybe you should try something else like the depo injection or the coil,or the bar or the pill patch there are so many I'm not going to list them all but I'm asingle mum of 2 myeldest is 2 years old and my youngest is 5months I'm on the depo because with all the stuff I have to do during the day I forget to take any meds I was on antibiotics for ajaw infection and I forgot to take afew and had to be put on more because it didn't clear up because I had forgotten to take them

This goes with birth control pills if you forget to take them you will get pregnant and you should have taken the morning after pill because you forgotten the birth control its common sense hun
    IloveMySon Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Well everyone keeps saying morning is the best so I will do that in like a week, that's when I did mine wit my son I have now in the morning and 2 lines popped up very quickly
    Sinead_s Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 04:42 PM
    Well if uve done it before then you should really know its common sense hun!
    If you don't want any more kids I suggest you get your arse to the doctors and get some birth control! Uve made the mistake before so you should have learnt then!
    How hard is it to take a pill every day? Or how long does it take to just slip a condom on him? Not long at all and don't use the excuse I've heard a 1000 times before ( it ruins the moment ) because you can use contraception in an adventurous way!
    Have fun enjoy your life you don't want to be tied down with 10 kids do u?
    Because if you keep having un protected sex darlin that's what your guna ave!
    Sorry to be so sharp about it but its just common sense! X

Mar 25, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Well my first kid was planned out, we wanted him, and then his daddy turned out to be a after he had 3 years of my life, for 2 yrs he beat me and so on, so if its positive this time hopefully things will be better the man I am wit now is great, and iwas taking my pills daily just thought I took it that day and found out after that I didn't

COOKIE MONSTER
    You me and my BF were talking about the patch
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Mar 25, 2008, 05:02 PM
    The patch has a lot of unwanted side affects plus adesired weight for it because it says and I quote ''IF YOU ARE OVER BLAH BLAH POUNDS IT MITE NOT WORK AS WELL'''
    I took 1 look at ''mite not work as well'' and went back to the doctors because to me ''mite not work as well'' means you will get pregnant,why didn't they just put that?
    I'm on the injection it doesn't hurt [i hate needles and was dreading it] but it doesn't hurt at all I get the shot every 3months and I don't have to worrie about any more little me's turning up lol

Mar 25, 2008, 05:21 PM
    I weigh 145 I don't know if that's too much, but I was thinking about the shot but I heard it makes you gain a lot

Mar 26, 2008, 09:50 AM
    I need some answers confused?
    OK well I asked this question yesterday but I want more opinions from some diff people, my name is ashlee, I had my period feb. 24th 08, me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex march 14th 08, he ejaculated in me, on march 21st I had some brown discharge then it turned light pink and then it went away, I looked online they called it implantation bleeding, I haven't got my period yet, its march. 26th today? HELP!!
    nuzhat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 10:24 AM
    By looking at your dates it seems like u could be pregnant because u have more chance that u ovulate(produce an egg) around the 21st day after your period.take care

Mar 26, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Well when can I take a HPT how far along do u got to b for a HPt?
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Mar 26, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Wait to take a hpt after your missed period. There are some hpt tests out there that claim they can tell you if you are pregnant before your missed period but for more accurate results it is best to wait until you have missed your period. Also, why spend the money if you haven't yet missed a period. Best of luck.
    IluvProjects Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 10:56 AM
    I would be at the store already buying a test! Some tests can determine pregancy as early as 7 days before you are expected to have a period. How accurate they are is debatable that early. But you have had a good month between your periods, SO I would say get one today and find out. If it is negative I wouldn't get to excited just yet. I would repeat it in a week if still no period. However, I would have to do one today. I don't think I could wait. I believe if you are pregnant it should show up, it has been over a month since the start of your last period. Good Luck.

Mar 26, 2008, 12:27 PM
    You because I get my periods every 28 days, so with that said my period is 3 days late, if I counted right

Mar 27, 2008, 07:50 AM
    OK another question about my issue, its now march 27th, still no period, but test keep saying negative, I took one this morning?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 27, 2008, 07:56 AM
    It's time to go to the doctor and get a blood test.

I will say this. You are obviously very stressed about this, and that could also be the reason that your period is delayed. If the test still says negative then you probably aren't pregnant, but you have to put your mind at ease once and for all.

Good Luck.

Mar 27, 2008, 08:22 AM
    I'm not to stressed about it, but like I have said later in this blog that wit my son it took forever to get a positive on a home test, I kind of in a way want to have a baby!! I think I will be disappointed if I am not but thankful at the same time if that makes sense

Mar 27, 2008, 08:59 AM
    After reading the entire questions and answers. I have a question for you. When did you start your birth control pills? And did you miss more than just that one night's pill, or were you off on other ones too. If you just started taking the pill, your period maybe messed up because of that. When you had the brown spotting that you thought might be implantaion bleeding where were you in your pill pack? Was that your period week?
    I think all that information is need to really figure out where you are at in your cycle.

Mar 27, 2008, 09:05 AM
    I was on the pill for 16 days, I missed Friday nights pill which was the night we had unprotected sex, I was never really on time wit my pills, and when I had the brown to pink bleeding, it was supposed to be my period week but it never came after I had that. I think I answered all

Mar 27, 2008, 09:05 AM
    They told me to wait 2 months before having unprotected sex to but I did not

Mar 27, 2008, 12:23 PM
    You said you did a pregnancy test this am- So I am assuming that was with your first morning urine. If it was going to be positive, I think It would have been. So you could wait a week and then repeat the test. I think that the spotting stuff that you had was your period- I believe it was messed up because of the pill. However, if you really want to know, I would simply call you doctor's office explain the situation and see what they have to say. They may think doing a blood draw to make sure would be the best route.
    I think they tell you to wait 2 months when you start the pill just to be absolutely safe. If they didn't tell you that and people started to have unprotected sex from the first day on the pill I think that the pill would have a much higher failure rate than it does. And everybody's bodies react differently to different hormones. Maybe you respond well and the pill could be effective within the first 2 weeks of taking it. My guess is that the pill did stop you from ovulating (which is what it is supposed to do) and so you wouldn't have been able to get pregnant.
    Are you still taking the pill? If so, maybe you want to talk to the doctor anyway, if by some odd chance you were pregnant you wouldn't want to cause any damage to the developing baby by continuing to take it.
    Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm showing signs of pregnancy such as fatigue, firm but not tender breast, increased appetite, and frequent urination... is it possible that I'm not pregnant with all these symptoms?

Mirena expired, could I be pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

I have had the Mirena IUD in for almost 6 years exactly (1 year past expiration, I know). In this instance, with the Mirena expired, would it still be possible for me to get pregnant? I have been exceptionally tired lately, and my breasts really hurt. I already have 3 children so I should know...

Want to get pregnant! [ 6 Answers ]

:) How many days does it take to ovulate after your period is done?

View more questions Search